• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lola's First Photo!! (Cape Parrot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Prices are still pretty reasonable in the states.

Here, the one breeder whom I know has a pair has his babies at $2500-2800.

To boot, he sells them to pet stores so you are technically paying the pet store in the end (the amount shown I believe) and I don't think he sells privately.

And..well there are just not that many breeders to go by. I think it's him and another one in Canada and I've hear not all great things about the other.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

Thats what I though the answer would be :hehe: But I'm sure its worth it!
Thats not a bad price then, petshops always blow up prices :rolleyes:
Most CERTAINLY worth it. She is incredible. :)

So the price here was good. They were asking $1200. Dang it, DH would never say yes.:o:
Keep the Lola and Capri pics,videos,and stories coming, so we can all enjoy them with you guys!:)
WOW! :eek: What a deal! Was it a reputable and responsible breeder or store?

Prices are still pretty reasonable in the states.

Here, the one breeder whom I know has a pair has his babies at $2500-2800.

To boot, he sells them to pet stores so you are technically paying the pet store in the end (the amount shown I believe) and I don't think he sells privately.

And..well there are just not that many breeders to go by. I think it's him and another one in Canada and I've hear not all great things about the other.
Wow, I guess we have it pretty lucky then :o: I can't even imagine what a Cape would cost in the UK or in Australia!!!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Aw, Lola your such a pretty girl!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is just adorable,I love her smiley beak.

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
...Coco... I'm having deja vu... Do I know you from somewhere? :)
If I've got it right, she's a beautiful baby and glad she came home this weekend.
Stopping in to learn more about capes, I'll be posting a thread with a link to another post asking for opinions from you (un)cape owners ;)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Hi Erika!! Yes, it's me!! SO glad you decided to join... this is one heck of a forum. You will learn sooo much :)

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Why is it that I am sneaking on here at work to look at these pictures again... There must be a reason... ;)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Why is it that I am sneaking on here at work to look at these pictures again... There must be a reason... ;)
I think we both know it :D

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Sigh...
Alright, question... Telling birds apart in pictures. Does everyone that knows birds clearly see expressions/emotions on their faces in the pictures? Is it as easy for a bird person to see a bird's expression as it is for me to see a dog's? I mean I can look at a picture of a dog and right off the bat have a good idea what kind of mood that dog is probably in. I don't see it as easily in birds. Some are more obvious if it's clear posture, pinning eyes, ruffled feathers, etc... I mean, maybe I'm reading into it too much and there's not much more other than them literally just standing there looking at the camera without too much of a thought, but they're so intelligent...?
Reason I chose to post here? B/c I figured cape people would probably see it... and I'm looking at Lola's pics again ;)

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily
I definitely do, especially with my own birds since I know their body language better than other birds'.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Sigh...
Alright, question... Telling birds apart in pictures. Does everyone that knows birds clearly see expressions/emotions on their faces in the pictures? Is it as easy for a bird person to see a bird's expression as it is for me to see a dog's? I mean I can look at a picture of a dog and right off the bat have a good idea what kind of mood that dog is probably in. I don't see it as easily in birds. Some are more obvious if it's clear posture, pinning eyes, ruffled feathers, etc... I mean, maybe I'm reading into it too much and there's not much more other than them literally just standing there looking at the camera without too much of a thought, but they're so intelligent...?
Reason I chose to post here? B/c I figured cape people would probably see it... and I'm looking at Lola's pics again ;)
For the most part, I think two birds of the same species who live with you for a while are fairly easy to tell apart...I do have sibling Ekkies who look exactly the same though and unless I'm up close, I have a hard time. even their breeder has a hard time telling the two apart and pictures of them, forget it! LOL!

As for being able to recognize your bird in a photo, I think we're better at it than we might think. I've had pictures sent to me from friends of their greys and I think they look very different than my guys. I can definitely tell them apart. I also found a picture of Reggie D2 on a web site that was being used without my permission one time and did a double take. It was purely by accident but I knew it was Reggie from the first look. I emailed the site and told them I didn't mind that they had used the picture but that I at least wanted his name on it!:)

Anyway, congrats Lotus...she's a beautiful little girl and it sounds like you are just having the time of your life!:heart:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, I'm not a Cape person, but I can tell you that I can definitely see their expressions, the expressions of just about any parrot (even though Ekkies are a little tougher for me), although I'm more in tune with the species I own. And, once you can see the expressions, you'll be horrified by the pictures you see in the classifieds or the looks of birds in pet stores: sadness and misery as clear as the nose on your face. It's awful. I can also see happiness and love. That's wonderful. :)

Last edited:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Sigh...
For me personally... I find that I can tell with the species with which I am more familiar and have spent more time with (basically, those which I have owned as pets or have spent long amounts of time with at the rescue). Some of the less common birds... a few of the poi species and some pionus, vasas, etcetera, I find it much much more difficult.

Anyway, congrats Lotus...she's a beautiful little girl and it sounds like you are just having the time of your life!:heart:
Thank you so much :D I really am!! I hope you and Kishka have a wonderful homecoming experience as well!!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gosh, I just realized I hadn't posted a compliment to Lola :o: She's beautiful, of course! :)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Its a LOLA pic!!! SHE IS SOO BEAUTIFUL!!

I have to say, Capes are at the top of my dream list. They are indeed very beautiful.. WOWSERS!:D:heart::heart::heart:

What kind of cage is the one Lola in? What is the size? SS is my "dream" material to use/have done on a cage/aviary.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Its a LOLA pic!!! SHE IS SOO BEAUTIFUL!!

I have to say, Capes are at the top of my dream list. They are indeed very beautiful.. WOWSERS!:D:heart::heart::heart:

What kind of cage is the one Lola in? What is the size? SS is my "dream" material to use/have done on a cage/aviary.
Thank you SO much :) :heart:

She's in a custom SS Freedom cage, it's about 37 x 27" or so :)

Status
Not open for further replies.