• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lola feels the stress..and wants to EAT JIM!!

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
AWESOME assessment of body language. You know your Mac's.
I have a 19 month old Green wing that thinks its funny to bluff he is as gentle as a lamb and has never biten hard enough to break the skin. I even let my 2 yr old Grandson pet him because he's so gentle. My oldest Daughter met him for the first time the other day and of course he had to see what she was made of at one point she had her whole hand in his mouth she passed the test with flying colours and within 5 minutes of meeting him she had him on her arm giving him scritches. She has always had a way with birds even as a little girl. I got her a Budgie when she was 3 yrs old she had him for 12 years. he was always fully flighted but she took that bird everywhere with her from the day she got him til the day he passed away. I think she was very very heart broken because since him she has never had another bird. Its such a shame because she just a natural with them.

Last edited:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are easier to read than Cockatoos. Their body language is exaggerated and their stance is obvious as to what they plan to do. You can see the wheels a turnin..... Cockatoos are much harder to read. BEST ADVICE ON MACAWS....if they seem excited even a LITTLE...just walk away and come back or you may end up with a broken finger or 2. LOL.
This is so totally right. Macs are the easiest bird to read. Everything they do is BIG, LOL. It's one reason why I love them so much. They are not about mystery. They are very straight-forward, and what you see is what you get :D :heart::heart::heart:

Big.Green.Chicken

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
The issue is resolved for good now. I am not a good macaw candidate. I saw the photos and just thought "batbird" or that she was playing.

I am sure she is sensing your feelings. Poor Girl.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Lola is becoming more and more aggressive and protective over me. I almost got a good bite to the face when Jim walked by me. So, I will have to change how I handle her a little..No more cuddling with her and lovins when people are near me in feaqr she will lash out.
I knew this would happen eventually. I am her mate and she LOVES me more than anything. She is my sweety and I love her back 1000X more than she loves me.
She is what I always wanted , she is my dream bird..and she adores me.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

The issue is resolved for good now. I am not a good macaw candidate. I saw the photos and just thought "batbird" or that she was playing.

I am sure she is sensing your feelings. Poor Girl.

If you saw this up close you would see what I am talking about. EVERYTHING is easy to read with a Big Mac.
I have NEVER been bitten by her, even when she was terrified of me, and refused interaction for 3 months.
ONE nip is all i got, a small nip as a warning. a few warnings...NO bluffing from her at all.
I can tell EXACTLY when shes going to make a move.
I LOVE MY LOLA!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I knew this would happen eventually. I am her mate and she LOVES me more than anything. She is my sweety and I love her back 1000X more than she loves me.
Awww, I can totally understand that. :hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
The half moon eyes, beak open, neck alittle fluffed, wings out..yeah..I'd keep my distance.:eek:

I would never talk to a bird if they acted like that.

And she is fully flighted now, I know you and Jim are going through a D so please be careful with Lola. She may do an aerial attack and he may not be nice about it...so be careful:hug8: But def. tell him to BACK OFF.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy

:omg:

Yeah they sound quite dangerous.
Although you all have them wrapped around your pinky ~ somedays. :hehe:
You haven't experienced anything until a scarlet macaw gentley rubs her face patch against your cheek. Just a bit of heaven. And...whispers hi luv as she does it.

Oh, you are missing out on some things!

Peggy

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
You & I are In the same boat I have a Harlequin that is very protective of me and he thinks im his mate. He is the love of my life and I wouldn't give him up for anything he is the sweetest cuddliest, funniest biird that I have ever seen but only with me. I love him so much. I won't let him on my shoulder anymore unless there is only me and him around.

Lola is becoming more and more aggressive and protective over me. I almost got a good bite to the face when Jim walked by me. So, I will have to change how I handle her a little..No more cuddling with her and lovins when people are near me in feaqr she will lash out.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
You haven't experienced anything until a scarlet macaw gentley rubs her face patch against your cheek. Just a bit of heaven. And...whispers hi luv as she does it.

Oh, you are missing out on some things!

Peggy

Sounds just like my scarlet, Gra:heart::heart::heart:

Gosh I miss those moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.