• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnies stopped eat veggies

Linniemum

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Red
My linnies bubbie an wacca they tuck into pellets an seed mix an avicakes fine but every fresh veggies mix I put in they hardly touch it , they used to eat their veggies ...I've tried less of things I thought they were fed up with and add new things that they're allowed but haven't had before still nope , so I've added dry veggies mix...kaytee...I think ,to seed/pellets which they are definitely eating husks in there but just a little confused is it something I should worry about ?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Linniemum

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Red
Nevermind peeps I solved it:) they were freaked out and missing my budgie lil Nell,( I came home late after a day out an found nell having a seizure, she had this huge limpoma by her bum , I tried to take her to an avian vet, but they were being careful coz of the bird flu going around an werent seeing any birds at all. when I did get there they just said could operate but change diet first more veggies less seeds pellets mix which I did, I spoke to my cousin who kept birds for years an worked with them at one time his opinion was she would die, an I could get her an op but she probably won't live through it but it's up to u , I spoke to vet 2nd time on phone an he said just said we could do op but she might not get through it . :sad3:so just decided to keep her happy with loads of outside play time her favourite songs an millet .) So bubbie an wacca...they must of seen me take her out room while she was having a fit but not bring her back, so that definitely freaked them out an they became even more timid, so brought nella in sooner an their demeanor completely change:heart::joyful: when they saw each other I took her in in travel cage an sat her on the sofa while I got he bigger cage in they started talking to each other, an I put nella in her cage they copied when she ate so that was a big relief. I know it was a few days earlier but my idea to my family was right...from bub&wacca point of view they were still freaked Nellie never came back . Sorry about the waffle :ashamed2:

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Nevermind peeps I solved it:) they were freaked out and missing my budgie lil Nell,( I came home late after a day out an found nell having a seizure, she had this huge limpoma by her bum , I tried to take her to an avian vet, but they were being careful coz of the bird flu going around an werent seeing any birds at all. when I did get there they just said could operate but change diet first more veggies less seeds pellets mix which I did, I spoke to my cousin who kept birds for years an worked with them at one time his opinion was she would die, an I could get her an op but she probably won't live through it but it's up to u , I spoke to vet 2nd time on phone an he said just said we could do op but she might not get through it . :sad3:so just decided to keep her happy with loads of outside play time her favourite songs an millet .) So bubbie an wacca...they must of seen me take her out room while she was having a fit but not bring her back, so that definitely freaked them out an they became even more timid, so brought nella in sooner an their demeanor completely change:heart::joyful: when they saw each other I took her in in travel cage an sat her on the sofa while I got he bigger cage in they started talking to each other, an I put nella in her cage they copied when she ate so that was a big relief. I know it was a few days earlier but my idea to my family was right...from bub&wacca point of view they were still freaked Nellie never came back . Sorry about the waffle :ashamed2:
Oh my! I was about to cry, I'm so happy your birdie is still alive, please keep us updated.

Linniemum

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Red
@FeatheredM , im afraid Nellie the budgie did die:(, but I meant my new kakariki nella(ella, lil nell) is the one that cheered wacca an bubbie up they came out of their shells, an started eating more veggies again, because Nellie the budgie having fit an in pain proberly scared the bird poop out of them . I did try to get her the vet again but they wouldn't see any bird coz of bird flu an I did try other avian vet but all said same thing ..so by the time I did get her there it probably was too late so I just tried to spoiled Nellie as much as I could

Last edited:

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
@FeatheredM , im afraid Nellie the budgie did die:(, but I meant my new kakariki nella(ella, lil nell) is the one that cheered wacca an bubbie up they came out of their shells, an started eating more veggies again, because Nellie the budgie having fit an in pain proberly scared the bird poop out of them . I did try to get her the vet again but they wouldn't see any bird coz of bird flu an I did try other avian vet but all said same thing ..so by the time I did get her there it probably was too late so I just tried to spoiled Nellie as much as I could
I'm so sorry:sadhug2:

Linniemum

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Red
@FeatheredM because she was having a fit I wrapped her in a towel so she wasn't flapping about so much an just held her an between fits I stroked her head in the way I seen her rub her head on her favourite toy bell an she would beak grind an close eyes , as if enjoying it :sad11: ,she was very social out cage but not in it, an would step up an play with her floor toys with me, I like to think she knew I loved her in the end, my lil schizoid feather duster(term of endearment for her I swear ). I'll shut up now:)

Last edited:

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
It is amazing how sensitive these birds really are. People tend to write it off sometimes, but they are highly aware and sensitive. I am glad you had the idea to bring your other bird in sooner!

Linniemum

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Red
They just met outside cage today, im doing it slowly , a big dinner seemed to break the ice , :joyful:I remember when wacca landed on Nellie the budgie cage (she was in it but door was open) he started to climb down to sit on open door, nellie looked at him then back to preening abit ,but when he edged closer to me on door he was staring with head tilted I just said quietly hey lil man , Nellie looked up an got huffy an came down rope perch on the bounce :joyful: "hey ! hey! that's my human "

Attachments