• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie Breeder/rescue/rehome

snowmantis

Moving in
Hello! I've been trying to find a friend for my linnie Basil since I think he could benefit from a companion to play with since he's not a huge fan of me. He's the smallest member of our flock and our other birds tend to avoid him and stay in their own little cliques to play. I live in RI but I can't seem to find breeders or rescues with them available anywhere! The Lineolated Parakeet society website lists Eddie's Aviary as closest to me but they retired years ago. Are linnies hard to find in New England or am I looking in the wrong places? :shrug2:
Basil for reference :)
IMG_5254.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww he's such a handsome boy and I love his name. If your not opposed to it its worth checking out your local Petsmart. That's where I found my Linnie and I've heard that other folks have as well.

snowmantis

Moving in
Thanks!! Our local Petsmarts/Petco only sell budgies unfortunately. I’ll keep my eyes peeled though :starscfe:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I feel for you! Bosco desperately wants a friend, but doesn't want it to be me so far, and my Jardine's doesn't give him the time of day. I've not been searching in in earnest though (I'm in Michigan)

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
These are some ways that have worked for me:

If you can find any bird stores , those would be good places to talk to, even if just over the phone . Even if they don't have any, they may know someone or have a link. Leave your name/number in case they get a referral.

You could try posting a want ad on CL or something, I found one that way, although it took awhile!

Are there ever bird fairs near you? Spring is a good time for those, and fall. you could go and ask around.

Each of these ways was successful for me, but they all took time.

NG

Aoi

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello! I've been trying to find a friend for my linnie Basil since I think he could benefit from a companion to play with since he's not a huge fan of me. He's the smallest member of our flock and our other birds tend to avoid him and stay in their own little cliques to play. I live in RI but I can't seem to find breeders or rescues with them available anywhere! The Lineolated Parakeet society website lists Eddie's Aviary as closest to me but they retired years ago. Are linnies hard to find in New England or am I looking in the wrong places? :shrug2:
Basil for reference :)
View attachment 443439
Eddy's retired years ago? I thought their page had a summer 2023 update. Have you tried texting them, if so, maybe try texting (they don't take calls for some reason):
Chopmist Hill - WEBSITE LAST UPDATEDJune 29, 2020 NO SHIPPING AT THIS TIME! AVAILABLE NOW for Deposit GREEN GREYWING LINNIECURRENTLY HANDFEEDING $150MAUVE GREYWING LINNIECURRENTLY HANDFEEDING $200 COMING SOONCockatiels UPCOMING EVENTScome visit us! TBA I prefer email ...PLEASE [email]chopmisthill@aol.com[/email] OR TEXT 401-641-0994B TORIGINAL CREATIVE SAFE BIRD TOYS! Contact [email]Infochopmisthill@aol.com[/email] You can find captivating, quality bird toys at Chopmist Hill Bird Toys! VISIT ChopmistHill-BirdToys.com Chopmist Hill Toy GOALSQualityBird SafetyCaptivating Toy Birds LoveAffordableCHECK OUT MY TOYS! ...Making quality bird toys since 2005... ?

Hopefully they're still around, good luck!

PS. Basil is gorgeous~

snowmantis

Moving in
Thanks for all the responses! I’ve called around but haven’t had much luck yet. I got a response from Eddie’s—the post on their website says “Summer 2023” but the date it was posted says May 2022, so who knows :chin:I sent an email to Chopmist Hill but haven’t received a response yet. I think their main focus now is their bird toy store on Etsy. I’m visiting family out of state for Easter and there’s a bird event nearby, so maybe I’ll get lucky there. Fingers crossed!

Attachments

Last edited:

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Linnies are hard to find. You may have to get one shipped.