• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life With Milton...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...all I know is that is that Milton does talk!
Example...at 6:30 AM... (time change, you know)
Milton: (softly) "hi...hi...hi"...

Me: You want to get up now?

Milton: ( loudly) " UP NOW NOW!"

Yeah, hospital psych ward ...I'm delusional...MY BIRD WANTS UP! :umbrella2:

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
WHAT A BLESSING !!! Your ears and mentality are SO TUNED IN to Milton's vocabulary! The clearest thing our Umbrella, Abby, says... is "I LOVE YOU."
Was SO PRECIOUS the day after we brought her home... she must have realized how much we wanted her.... she looked solidly in my husbands eyes, and said it SO CLEARLY! When she presses her beak into his nose--- or flops her head into his hand... OH...

Glad to hear you're doing ok...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton flirts with my caregivers...it's devastatingly cute to see!
The first thing they say is, "Did he say that??"
Milton reacts before me...he says, "YES!"
Smart bird! ;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My TAG doesn't say much at all. He tells me shut up and bye. Maybe once in a while if he sees me put on a hoodie he tells me BYYYYEE. Other than that he just beeps, farts, sneezes, laughs and cries.
...so he communicates with you just fine!
Like a lot of AGs, he prefers to use his own language, rather than ours!
(Hey, I like to use French at times... ;) )

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Non bird people just don't get it. I said something the other day about Elvis sulking because I was leaving for work. My boss's wife said- I don't get it. How do you know he was sulking? They don't get that birds have emotions and communicate. Anyone who has been around a cockatoo clearly knows when they're sulking. They are really expressive. And I have heard Milton talk. I can vouch for it. :)

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Milton flirts with my caregivers...it's devastatingly cute to see!
The first thing they say is, "Did he say that??"
Milton reacts before me...he says, "YES!"
Smart bird! ;)
Maybe he is trying to make sure that you get the best care from your caregivers. Good job Milty.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Maybe he is trying to make sure that you get the best care from your caregivers. Good job Milty.
He learned how to flirt from his first person...and he does it better than I do... :yes4:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@sunnysmom ...I've seen Elvis sulk...many times!
My favorite time is when he flew out to our kitchen...a definite "no-no" in our house...and Elvis KNOWS it!
I told him to get out of the kitchen...which he did. He flew right past me and landed on his cage.
He then put himself away...and yelled at me for about a half hour...then I got "THE TAIL"!
After about a half hour, I offered him his favorite treat...and all sins were forgiven... ;)
I love life with Cockatoos!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My favorite time is when he flew out to our kitchen...a definite "no-no" in our house...and Elvis KNOWS it!
I told him to get out of the kitchen...which he did. He flew right past me and landed on his cage.
He then put himself away...and yelled at me for about a half hour...then I got "THE TAIL"!
After about a half hour, I offered him his favorite treat...and all sins were forgiven... ;)
LOL. Yes, I got the tail the other day. I had been out all morning. Then, had to run home to get something. When he realized I was leaving again, I got the tail. I really need to try to get a picture of him sulking. There can be no doubt when you see his little face, that that's exactly what he's doing.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
You know Bailey is the only one of my tiels who doesn't give me the tail when he is mad at me. But then, he doesn't stay mad very long as long as there is broccoli involved.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Bailey flirts with everyone but I don't know where he gets it from because I don't.
No offense to any guys, but Bailey is a boy! There's a special whistle I use with the teils. They all recognize it. When I start it, every single boy of the tiels all start whistling it. Then they stop, do a little beak smacking and go back to whistling. Sad to see a single runt boy who has no lady to whistle to - I usually whistle to him but he's a "hands off" bird.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Non bird people just don't get it. I said something the other day about Elvis sulking because I was leaving for work. My boss's wife said- I don't get it. How do you know he was sulking? They don't get that birds have emotions and communicate. Anyone who has been around a cockatoo clearly knows when they're sulking. They are really expressive. And I have heard Milton talk. I can vouch for it. :)
The 'emotional' part is what I try to emphasize to people-- Birds are NOT just objects in a pretty cage... they have emotions! Kids...