• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

kisses or kisses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren and Jack

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lauren Watson
okay so Jack's training has started pretty young and we have all done so good... so far. But i do have a question that i have been wondering about... Jack learned all the polite command... step up, step down, stay, come and we have gotten pretty far into the targeting commands... and one of those was "give me a kiss". Which he mastered! And he does now, without me asking.

Jack is constantly kissing me. I don't know if its because I have always kissed him, even as a baby I would kiss his face and feet. And in general we kiss alot in our home. My husband kisses me, we kiss our son, we all kiss our dogs, everyone kisses everyone... Jack kisses everyone else on command. He kisses and rubbs his face on mine all the time. I was just wondering why? is it a loving thing? or a search of praise? or what?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You answered your question. In my opinion it's what you have always done, he learned to do it and you praised him for it. Birds love to make their people happy. All my birds are very cuddley they learn that. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.