• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Keeping Isla out of Basil's cage? Advice?

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Isla being the brat that she is, loving to cause trouble for us, keeps getting into Basil's cage. If he's in there or not it doesn't matter, she really wants to play with his toys, I guessed it wouldn't help but even though they're huge, I bought the same toys for her cage, to no avail, she still wants his toys. She uses her own foraging toys and her normal toys but she always goes into his cage. I know it's new to her and she's interested, but we've had the cage in here since October and she's never wanted to go in it more than once until baby Basil came to move in. She also learned today that if she tries hard enough she can just squeeze through the bars. I've been up an hour and I've already had to get her out 7 times. Advice? I want to be able to keep them all in the same room!!!!!

Here's a picture of little Isla for your trouble!
1581611472651.png

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Where is Basil when she is trying to get in his cage? If he is out, maybe close the cage door and cover it with a blanket, or push it outside?

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Where is Basil when she is trying to get in his cage? If he is out, maybe close the cage door and cover it with a blanket, or push it outside?
WAY too big for me to push it anywhere, closing it doesnt work since she can wriggle herself between now

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
My little birds are adamant about sitting on the top of my Cockatoo's cage, so they only come out of their cage if he's in another room and the door is shut. I won't even change their papers if he's in the room. Could you cover his cage, or move the smaller cage? Maybe even put a playstand on his cage to make that more interesting than the inside of the cage.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Decades ago I had a grey cheeked parakeet that tried to get into my macaw's cage on the regular. Despite the gentle ways of my Mac, it was a tragedy waiting to happen. I ended up partitioning my basement into 2 areas. I had a dozen birds at the time, so everyone still had flock mates in their area.

Duel

Walking the driveway
No, no, no, it's Basil's cage. Her own cage is 0.43 I believe
Well either way that measurement is too big for a lovebirds cage at all. If basil sees isla squeezing through enough times he might try doing that to get out while youre not looking when the cage is locked and possibly wander somewhere in the house that could be dangerous to him before you find out.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well either way that measurement is too big for a lovebirds cage at all. If basil sees isla squeezing through enough times he might try doing that to get out while youre not looking when the cage is locked and possibly wander somewhere in the house that could be dangerous to him before you find out.
Basil is an eclectus :)