• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kasana's last week in the tank

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Next week will he the final day of Kasana living in her ciano turtle tank 80. He needed upgrading, but tanks are so expensive here. For a while we wanted a new, bigger pond. Well, now it is almost here (liner is going in this afternoon) it is time to say goodbye to his indoor life. This thread will be a little diary of his first week in the new pond, starting the end of next week.

Kasana, for those that don't know, is a 3 year old musk turtle. My hopes are to rehome turtles whose owners can now longer look after for whatever reason. It seems like the right thing to do with a 5 meter long pond!

After we fill it up, I will work out how many liters it is and post it! We are thinking about 5000 but we can't really be sure due to the irregular shape.

Wish the little boy luck!:)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
oooo 5 metre long pond, sounds nice! Can´t wait to see it, and your turtle too :)

• Love
Reactions: Ali

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
It is full and we have done a bit of landscaping but there is still a lot to do. I will take pictures tomorrow in the better light. Let me find some baby pictures of Kasana to post!

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Well, it is pooring it down and grey outside, so no pictures until that calms down! Also, if the weather carries on like this then the turtle might have to stay in for another YEAR. He has never been outside before, so I want to do it in the summer (now) so he can adjust to the new temperatures.

I couldn't find any baby pictures either when I looked last night:( I have some, but I don't know what they are on!

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
The pond... Sorry it is bad quality and messy, it is 'in progress'

IMG_20200726_092449_hdr.jpg
The cove looking bit on the left will be replicated round the entire pond. We ran out of slate and chippings as we only had what we could salvage from the old pond for now. We are also getting a bridge for the middle to get to the aviary!

Hopefully, all of the liner will be covered soon!

Ali

mak

Rollerblading along the road
Awesome! Keep those pics coming!

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Cuteness warning!

Baby photo alert!

This was the day I got him, April 2018. He was about an inch, inch and a half ish long. Now he is about 4 inches, so possibly has another inch or so to go!

FB_IMG_1595754628397.jpg

mak

Rollerblading along the road
I'm confused. Why do you need such a huge pond for such a small turtle?

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I'm confused. Why do you need such a huge pond for such a small turtle?
It was mainly an upgrade for the fish. I decided he would be happier in a big space. You could say the same about wild turtles. Why does a wild little turtle need an entire river to live in?
Anyway, I plan to rehome some turtles in it too.