• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just want to get this off my chest...

Karnkate

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
Today I’m back from my 3 month studying in Japan. Like most countries right now, Thailand requires me to isolate myself (read: trap myself inside the house) for at least 15 days. I went into the bird room to check on my birds and...
Mali’s eyes are both cloudy. He has this problem going on since he was around 7 months old, to this day I am still unsure what caused it. He’s not blind. It’s like his sclera is wounded. This usually requires vet approved eye drop every 3 hours in order to heal.
What I wanted to vent is not about Mali’s conditions but more about my dad. He promised that he will take a good care of every fid and will do everything that I said. It seems not to be the case: Mali and Joseph’s cage is extremely dirty. Boon Rod’s bowl hans’t been filled for who knows how long, the budgie siblings’ water is old. Mali and Joseph also have turned more aggressive, partly because Mali now has limited vision but I am very certain that it’s due to them not getting enough play time. Seems like my dad lied to me again about taking Mali and Boon-Rod to the vet.
Yeah dad, everyone is always “healthy” to you....just like 2-3 birds in my childhood that died because I begged you to bring them to the vet but you insisted that they’re healthy....
I guess he doesn’t learn at all.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:sadhug2: :sadhug2: :sadhug2: :sadhug2: It's a generational thing - my hubby who's only 4 years older doesn't understand about taking a bird to a vet but I insist if there's something off.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Hugs.

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
:sadhug2: :sadhug2: :sadhug2: :sadhug2: It's a generational thing - my hubby who's only 4 years older doesn't understand about taking a bird to a vet but I insist if there's something off.
I was studying abroad so I have no idea that Mali’s eyes has become like that again. I really want to blame my dad for not taking a good care of them despite his promise to me.

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
So sorry he just does not listen or understand!!!

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm really sorry to hear about Mali, Joseph and Boon-Rod. It's so upsetting when we entrust our birds' care to someone and they disappoint us so badly. I hope Mali's eye heals.