• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just Joined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coliephile

Meeting neighbors
Greetings Fellow Avian Enthusiasts:
I have been around companion birds for at least 25 years of my life. I currently have my own business as an exotic petsitter in the Los Angeles area centering primarily on the care of feathered friends. My business is known as "The Bird Nanny". I specifically love and own mousebirds. I breed them as well. I have written an article in the August Bulletin of the Avicultural Society of America on how to raise mousebirds at home. These balls of fluff are as demonstrative as parrots but lack their powerful beaks and decibels. I have a speckled mousebird, Archie who is now 8 years old.
She is my pal. I also have a red faced mousebird named Bumba whom I hand raised, (he is fully flighted and does recall) Bumba's parents, a white backed mousebird named Touhy, 2 budgies (Frosty & Lemonhead) a spice finch, an owl finch, and a maroon belly conure named Apple (now 12 years old), and whomever is boarding with me at the time, Right now it's a Vos eclectus and a Congo African gray. If you visit my Twitter page:
Hanna Strauss (birdnanny) on Twitter you will see I sometimes post Tweets spotlighting my clients who are always deserving of the spotlight!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
wlecome I am glad you joined :hug8:

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Welcome to the avenue :) I have never heard of a mousebird, would love to see some pictures of them!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to Avian Avenue!! Mousebirds!! They are so fascinating :) Looking forward to getting to know you and your birds. We'd love to see pics too :D

:welcomesign:

Coliephile

Meeting neighbors
I would love to post pics of my mousebirds, however, I do not currently have them on a photohosting site. They are only on my hard drive right now. Do you need to set up a photo host to display pics on this forum?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
no there is an mange attachment button that you click and allows you to upload from your hard drive if that makes sense :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Photobucket is free! Welcome to Avian Avenue!:) Mousebirds are way cool, can't wait to meet yours.:laughing12:

Alex

Like cynthia said, just click go advanced and then manage attatchment and upload, you can get them right off your computer right onto this forum :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Welcome to Avian Avenue! I never heard of mousebird so am looking forward to seeing some pics of yours. Sounds like you have a very fun and interesting job. I'm glad you moved into the neighborhood.

Attachments

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
Hey there!!! I have a GCC named Apple! ;) Nice to meet another Apple owner :D

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome. So glad you found us.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Welcome, glad you are here - looking forward to pics of your flock!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
welcome...ohhhhhhhhhhhI love mousebirds..not enough people know about them..welcome

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The pics look great!! They are so cute :heart:

Alex

They are cute!

You will have to share more information on them, like I said, I have never heard of them before till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.