• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

just bought our new lovies home

toveandmaya

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Laura
Tara is at work today and we were planning on collecting our new lovies tomorrow after weeks of waiting, but she was feeling glum about her 12 hour shift so I thought I'd do something very naughty and surprise her when she gets back... our lovebirds are home!

They came with a cage that they have been living in for the last two weeks, I am not keen to move them from it into the new, bigger cage that we have for them until they are settled so I have set them up in the bird room with a clear view of their new cage and put in a couple of perches (as their old ones were awful!). For the first ten minutes they were not very impressed with me at all, but now they are at least venturing around the cage again and just watching me curiously rather than fearfully!

I am sitting in the room with them quietly, just on my laptop, so they can get used to me. I'm not interacting with them directly yet, I just want them to know that I'm around and that I'm not scary! They have water, food, and a lovely bit of millet as a peace offering for the car journey home. I know it will take a couple of weeks before they are fully settled but they seem to be off to a good start... oh and Maya just hopped onto the new perch!

I'm so excited but I can tell anyone on Twitter or my Facebook yet because it will ruin the surprise for Tara! I plan to take a video of her face when she gets home and sees they're already here :)

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds like you've done a great job setting them up! :) :leslieatwork:I'm sure Tara will be utterly excited!