• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just a personal theory, not science..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Two other unrelated but interesting observations about Greys.

*They *do* eat bugs. In the wild, they will follow behind (on the ground) herds of whatever is passing through and eat bugs that are kicked up.

*We have observed via nest cameras that Greys (and every other species of bird we bred, as well) feed their young during the night. Which is why I always handfed my youngsters every so many hours around the clock, and not just during certain hours.
:eek: Wow!! YOu must have been so tired during those periods!!:)

Meeting neighbors
Our grey doesnt seem to need as much sleep as the quaker & conure. We live in a loft apartment and can hear her moving around a few times throughout the night, its like she makes a lap to make sure all is well and then gets back to sleep. She also saves the poo ALL nite for a BIG morning bomb!

prettyinpink

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica

Emma drops a big PLOP every morning!!:rofl:
This is the same with Tia. She doesn't go poo during the night, unless something wakes her up (even then she usually doesn't).

My dad's red-belly is like that too.

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
That explains why Tango always wanted to come out later at night. At about 9pm he'd be the biggest nut and swinging all over the place talking and whistling. I just thought he was weird! Then he's up at 8am at the latest whistling for me to wake him up.

Honu on the other hand....1st to bed, last to wake up.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That explains why Tango always wanted to come out later at night. At about 9pm he'd be the biggest nut and swinging all over the place talking and whistling. I just thought he was weird! Then he's up at 8am at the latest whistling for me to wake him up.

Honu on the other hand....1st to bed, last to wake up.
Emma seems to be just as energetic.:hehe:

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
greys are picky poopers.
When Fenway wakes up in the morning she has to run to the toilet side of her cage before she poops.

She's also the first up here, but she sleeps throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.