• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jumpers make nice sleepy places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Evie has decided for the last few evenings that she wants to sleep under my top, she is under there for about an hour, no problems, no nibbles, just sleep, but when she's out normally she's skittish and flies off. Am I doing the right thing by letting her sleep like this, as my thepory behind it is, if I let her sleep like this she is all relaxed and knows I'm not going to hurt her, and letting her do what she wants, whilst in the mean time she is getting a nice sleep.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I don't see anything wrong with it..and in fact, think it is adorable.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Thanks Anne, I'm just hoping it will help with her confidence/training, I didn't want to do anything to put it back unintentionally.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
My Buddy, the most special bird I've every had, napped inside my shirt for YEARS! And when she got old & developed arthritis & could no longer perch on my shoulder, she spent much of her life riding around inside my shirt. When she died, at 15 years, there was a HUGE empty spot over my heart as well as in my heart.....

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Oh Maureen, she sounds like a sweetheart I'm so sorry. So its a normal P'let thing, did it improve you're relationship? This is my hope as she's only 11 weeks old and we've been together 3 weeks.

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I can't imagine that having a cuddle & a nap could in any way harm your relationship w/your bird. Is it a parrotlet?:)

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
She was my absolute sweetie! I don't know if hanging out in shirts is a p'let thing, but it sure is a lovebird thing :D And I think there are lots of shared behaviors between lovies & p'lets. While this isn't napping, it's my favorite shirt diving video on youtube...there are many great ones:lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYsP8BSvqtg ooops, first link didn't work. Hope this one does!

Last edited:

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
April: yes she's an 11 week old Celestial.Maureen: will look when I'm on my pc, can't see on mobile phone.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Sounds adorable.

In the winter Sunshine will fly over and snuggle inside my hoodie hood and fall asleep cuddled up to my ear. I always cherish the times she does this. One night she climbed up the sleeve of my snuggie and fell asleep. She is such a darling.

Status
Not open for further replies.