• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Join me in welcoming home Koda!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
o_O I was not implying that at all, omg, sorry if you thought I was doubting your guess- I really have no clue at all about this stuff and I have learned since being here that Monica is wonderful with this stuff.
Oh no it was meant to be a joke sorry but I genuinely have no idea blows my mind some of colours etc just looked a bit like remi and hes yellow sided I only know that because breeder told me :rofl:

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Welcome home sweetie :heart: You've landed with the best Mama :congratualtions:

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
Oh my goodness Koda is so stinking cute!!!! Congratulations!!!!!:awww:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Congratulations! and welcome to Koda, you lucky little one!

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Congratulations!

Koda looks kinda like Marvin so I'm going with the yellow-sided vote.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I thought Yellow Side from the get go but more the "old fashioned" ones I used to see in Petsmart/Co before the more full bodied ones vibrant started being bred if that makes sense.
Totally!!! Because that's exactly what I thought too! When yellow sided first started showing up before they really had more yellow.

Funny story @April ! I got tricked by click bait on Koda. The add showed a normal color Green cheek! And you know I'm a sucker for the OG , Burt was normal color.

Then after contacting her and chatting I asked for a photo. When she sent pictures of Koda I was like oh no a scammer !!! Because they nit the same bird ! I was kinda freaked out ..but I asked ...her this bird is different than your add ???? She was like oh yeah I was in hurry posting the add and just used a stock photo of a GCC.

So I was cat fished!!! :laughing7::hehepink::laughing7: I probably wouldn't have checked out it was totally because it was a normal color GCC that I checked out only to be cutie yellow sided ?? Koda

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
K
Totally!!! Because that's exactly what I thought too! When yellow sided first started showing up before they really had more yellow.

Funny story @April ! I got tricked by click bait on Koda. The add showed a normal color Green cheek! And you know I'm a sucker for the OG , Burt was normal color.

Then after contacting her and chatting I asked for a photo. When she sent pictures of Koda I was like oh no a scammer !!! Because they nit the same bird ! I was kinda freaked out ..but I asked ...her this bird is different than your add ???? She was like oh yeah I was in hurry posting the add and just used a stock photo of a GCC.

So I was cat fished!!! :laughing7::hehepink::laughing7: I probably wouldn't have checked out it was totally because it was a normal color GCC that I checked out only to be cutie yellow sided ?? Koda
Koda is a pretty cute catfish though haha

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Haha that's actually hilarious. Watch this be the one time in history it actually wasn't a scam and a legit reason to use a stock photo. Just shows even more it was ment to be. Since he's so perfect already :heart:
How is he this morning?

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Haha that's actually hilarious. Watch this be the one time in history it actually wasn't a scam and a legit reason to use a stock photo. Just shows even more it was ment to be. Since he's so perfect already :heart:
How is he this morning?
I know!! Just a sweet lady , who lived her bird and wanted a good home . But it did give me a minor freak out!
But was totally meant to be . Her old momma has already checked in on on Kida this morning and can't wait to hear when Ta-dah and Koda meet .

Taking a bath this morning
IMG_20240404_092709580_MP.jpg
A very happy well adjusted birdie !

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I know!! Just a sweet lady , who lived her bird and wanted a good home . But it did give me a minor freak out!
But was totally meant to be . Her old momma has already checked in on on Kida this morning and can't wait to hear when Ta-dah and Koda meet .

View attachment 444503
love wet bird pictures aww that’s proper sweet of her
Did koda come with his cage etc or is he in one of yours ?

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

View attachment 444503
Aww I love wet birdies! He's just so freaking precious and perfect .

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
love wet bird pictures aww that’s proper sweet of her
Did koda come with his cage etc or is he in one of yours ?
This is Penny old cage . They offered the cage but it was black, similar style but cage part goes to the ground instead of on a stand. With my pups I prefer a stand which puts them out of reach , even tho my dogs have been raised with parrot in the home , I never trust and prefer the added layer of safety.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
This is Penny old cage . They offered the cage but it was black, similar style but cage part goes to the ground instead of on a stand. With my pups I prefer a stand which puts them out of reach , even tho my dogs have been raised with parrot in the home , I never trust and prefer the added layer of safety.
I thought it looked like yours koda settling in so well in a different cage different environment etc

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I thought it looked like yours koda settling in so well in a different cage different environment etc
I know!!! Koda was meant to be , and feels so natural! Also a testimony to having always been cared for well in the past

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I would say at this point, @webchirp is the green cheek queen! :lol:

But yes, Koda is a lovely little yellow sided green cheek! Congrats! :D

And if it helps at all.... someone is selling a maroon bellied conure as a green cheek conure in California.... :facepalm: And I've seen gold caps and jendays sold as suns... or a sunday being advertised as a sun.... plus waglers or mitreds being advertised as cherry heads....

Many years ago, I saw a "grey breasted macaw" being advertised.... it was a green cheek conure! :rofl:

Sometimes, people don't truly know what they have.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Amount of times I’ve seen parrotlets advertised as budgies even my work colleague said she had budgies they were parrotlets

I definitely think your right people don’t know half of time what they have
I would say at this point, @webchirp is the green cheek queen! :lol:

But yes, Koda is a lovely little yellow sided green cheek! Congrats! :D

And if it helps at all.... someone is selling a maroon bellied conure as a green cheek conure in California.... :facepalm: And I've seen gold caps and jendays sold as suns... or a sunday being advertised as a sun.... plus waglers or mitreds being advertised as cherry heads....

Many years ago, I saw a "grey breasted macaw" being advertised.... it was a green cheek conure! :rofl:

Sometimes, people don't truly know what they have.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yellow sided and yes, from my experience ys have lovely personalities. Congrats and thank you for taking another cheekie in.