• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jealousy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kebz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
Lately Mango has become overly jealous of when we have Chilli on us, i believe Mango has a man crush on Aron and since then he has been more vicious towards Chilli when Aron has Chilli.

Yesterday Mango actually flew at Chilli to try bite him after Aron picked him up for a cuddle. I caught Mango before he was able to reach Chilli, but he was not happy that Aron had Chilli on him and kept trying to get over to him.

Is there anyway we can discourage this behaviour??

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Aron needs to handle Chilli out of Mango's sight. At the very least he should not "cuddle" Chilli when Mango is around watching. Mango sees Aron as a mate and Aron is "flirting" and having an "affair" with another bird which is a huge no no in the wild. Aron is breaking the rules. Chilli is viewed as an intruder and competition for Aron's affection. You can't change that.

kebz

Real Name
Emily
Hmm i was sure Mango saw me as his chosen "mate" lol as he does like to hump my hand every now and then, which i dont encourage.

But perhaps Mango is Bi... lol as he did regurgitate for Aron the other week, which he has never done for me. He does the motions but nothing has ever come out of mouth. lol

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
How old is he? He may have just been practicing on you until he "really" chose his mate if all this behavior has started lately?? Just a thought.

kebz

Real Name
Emily
He is about a year and a half... Mango still shows his mating behaviour towards me as well.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Hmm. Well, I can tell you that Ella my sun will do these things for me when I'm the only option, but she definitely chose my hubby as her mate, and if he's around and available, forget it! I'm chop liver and hubby had better not be paying attention to any other birds.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Trinket is IT in our house. He does not allow any bird to love on us or us to love on them no matter how big they are. He would bite Truely if he could get to her.

We have learned not to pay any attention to any bird BUT HIM when he's out.

He's such a cute little stinker it's not hard. We just give the other guys affection out of his sight.

Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.