• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jay our blue fronted Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
usually his routine is straight out of his cage as soon as the wheels have hit the sittingroom each late afternoon.
Friday on our journey to the hospital for John's operation, we decided to put the cages in the sittingroom for the day with the radio on as it was the coolest room in the house and our temperatures were soaring.
After settling them all in and about ready to leave, Jay said "am I coming out?" twice he repeated this, and as he has only ever said two things Hullo and come on then. It was a bit of a shock. I told him we were going away for the day and he had to be good until our return that evening. It was as if he understood and accepted it happily playing with a new toy just given him.
Only a short while ago he would have thrown a hissy fit and tantrum at not coming out, but that seems to be a thing of the past now. He has not said anything like that since.:D

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He is very handsome!

Matt

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
very handsome and VERY SMART

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
What a very smart and handsome fellow your Jay is.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
When I think of how Jay was a year ago on arriving with us to now, it is a startling difference. No wonder he was rejected in the last home, he was a real mean green machine and a pig to boot!
I hung on in there knowing what the little fellow had been through and felt so so sorry for him. He did not deserve it mind by his attitude and the biting. But underneath I knew he was worth trying to save and turn around. Today he is bonded with John my hubby and a real little darling. Do realise he is going to change come the hormone season next year, but hey that is a long way away!

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
Jay is quite a character but he sure has a patient and loving home with you and your husband, John. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.