• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

jay our blue fronted Amazon,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
the one with the set of sharp teeth! has taken a liking for my husband John who has taken over his management outside of his cage.
So far he has aquired four bites that has broken the skin, and needed plasters, so my plaster tin is now empty and needs to be replaced.
John has learned to respect his beak the hard way. Yesterday instead of breezing along with "it will be fine today". He turned up in a thick fleece, woolly hat on his head and thick pair of gloves on his hands, carrying the T stick!
Jay looked as if a stranger from Mars had walked in on him. He was so gobsmacked he forgot to attack and meekly stepped up on the stick to come out onto the stand perch.
When it came time for him to go back into his cage we were back to several attempts before he would step up and stay on the perch for the journey across the room to his cage door. I leave the room on an urgent errand, just incase!:rofl:

Attachments

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
now, how could anything thing with that sweet face attack you!?!? :rofl:

perhaps John should 'dress up' to put him to bed as well?

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:hehe: I agree he looks too sweet to of done any of the things you've said he has.:lol:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, he looks so sweet, LOL!

GreenParrot

Sprinting down the street
:rofl::rofl::rofl: LOL Ann! :D

I love his look in the pic, he looks like thinking "don't bring that camera any closer or I'll have a go at it too"... :rofl: :o:cool1:

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
How old is Jay? He looks like such a character!

btw: I love that word - gobsmacked lol

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
as far as we know we think Jay is about 13yrs old this yr will be his 14th. No bites for anyone today!:rofl:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
You know Ann, if he has a treat in his beak as soon as he steps up on the stick, he can't bite. And Amazons are loath to drop a favorite treat.
I keep special homemade birdie cookies in a wide container that can be used as a shield till the cookie is taken. We don't have problems anymore, but the tradition continues.

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
aw!!! he is very cute:)

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
I have tried every trick in the book. If you go to offer Jay one of his favourite treats and he is in the mood to bite you, nothing is going to stop him in his mission!
He gives you such a beautiful look and goes to accept your offering but at the last minute, diverts from taking it from you and lunges for your skin!
Either that or takes it off you, drops it and then lunges. He will retrieve the tit bit later, so either way he has not lost.
The gentle, gentle approach appears to be working slowly. We do not reprimand him when he does this just try to ignore it (and the pain) and shower him with love and blow him kisses.
I am thinking he is so confused and truly believes the family he is living with now are quite cracked!:rofl::rofl:

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
:rofl::rofl: omg the mental pics you are creating with your writings of that sweet little "Jay" lunging at your fingers :laughing12: He looks so innocent in the picture :p

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
He is so beautiful and looks so innocent :naughty:

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
I agree the treat in the beak would not deter Chewie from the task at hand either! My husband and I did the protective gear when he started to become a handfull. I can remember jumping into my husbands very large sneakers when I could not get to my shoes or the step up stick and he was charging full speed ahead LOL. May look funny but at least all toes were accounted for :D

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
The funniest picture I ever saw was my friend Di's Amazon Tommy, charging across the room making for her husbands bare feet!(Tommy hates alan) There was Di with the only thing to hand a thin small tea towel and looking like a matador in a bull ring trying to shoo Tommy back or stop him in his tracks to allow Alan time for a quick getaway. It ended up with Alan taking their stairs two at a time with Tommy half running half flying up the bottom few to catch up with those bare feet.
Alan is very tall and thin and to see this small green bundle (another blue front) of fury after a grown man was laughable in itself. Di is so tiny and he loves her so would not treat her the same.:rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.