• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Java Sparrow - shoulder bird

Peepers

Strolling the yard
My 9-year-old son now does his school work and practises his piano with Peepers on his shoulder. She loves hanging out with us, and is getting quite cheeky too! :xflove: Also, she went on his FINGER twice today! Yay! She isn't as fearful of hands anymore!

shoulder.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Aww so sweet. Love Peepers :swoon: I´m sure your son loves his company! :bliss:

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
So sweet! I'd love to have some finches someday!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a sweet, sweet picture!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That is the cutest thing ever!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Peepers is lovely, though I think your son has stolen her heart. :xflove:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
We raised a female house finch we rescued from a crow as a tiny baby. She was on us constantly once she was healed up and big.
She also sang the song of her people and played with her toyd. Such personality in a small package when they bond with you.

Peepers

Strolling the yard
We raised a female house finch we rescued from a crow as a tiny baby. She was on us constantly once she was healed up and big.
She also sang the song of her people and played with her toyd. Such personality in a small package when they bond with you.
Yes! I was just telling my husband today how amazing it is that such a tiny bird has such a big personality. She wants to be with us all the time. :xflove:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I am just taken with this tiny girl and her bond with your son. :swoon: It is just too precious for words. So special!

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
Aww, it's so sweet seeing how much she loves your son and I'm glad that she's over her fear of hands!

I've found that Oguro really loves technology as well. She constantly flies over if she sees that I have my phone in my hands (which makes taking pictures especially difficult) and loves perching on my switch console if I'm gaming.

Anyway, I can see her beak is getting pinker! I can't wait to see how she looks with adult feathers, is she a normal type or a pied?

Peepers

Strolling the yard
Aww, it's so sweet seeing how much she loves your son and I'm glad that she's over her fear of hands!

I've found that Oguro really loves technology as well. She constantly flies over if she sees that I have my phone in my hands (which makes taking pictures especially difficult) and loves perching on my switch console if I'm gaming.

Anyway, I can see her beak is getting pinker! I can't wait to see how she looks with adult feathers, is she a normal type or a pied?
Yes, she is so curious about everything on screens! And yes, her beak is indeed getting pinker! She is the normal type. :)

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
Yes, she is so curious about everything on screens! And yes, her beak is indeed getting pinker! She is the normal type. :)
Ah I see!
Oguro is a pied but as you can see from my profile pic she doesn't really have any white patches, just the one under her beak (interestingly enough, apparently all pied Javas have it no matter how much they look like normal types :D)