• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Java being suspicious (himself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
so sweet and gentle telling you no i dont wanna. Very nice. Nice little bird

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
And what did YOU DO that made the very handsome Java suspicious?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Hey, Brittany! I missed seeing you and Java on AA. I hope you're both doing well? Are you guys still at the same address? As we're unpacking, I found a bag of things I had got to send you ages ago, set aside and forgot about. Java is looking as gorgeous as always. :heart: :heart::heart::heart:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hey, Brittany! I missed seeing you and Java on AA. I hope you're both doing well? Are you guys still at the same address? As we're unpacking, I found a bag of things I had got to send you ages ago, set aside and forgot about. Java is looking as gorgeous as always. :heart: :heart::heart::heart:
We are doing great! Yes, we are still at the same address! Hopefully I'll be uploading more pictures and videos soon. Java and I have been pretty low key this season. His foot isn't swelling since it's gotten cold but I can tell he isn't a fan of the cooler weather. He wants to go to bed earlier and has been a bit crabbier.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
And what did YOU DO that made the very handsome Java suspicious?
Um--well--you-see, what had happened was . . . I took him away from his cage and then wouldn't hold him :D whenever I pick him up, it's a chore to peel him off my shirt. He does NOT like being sat down, even if I'm right in front of him. Soooo... I may have removed him from my shirt a dozen times before I started recording him lol I think he was a little annoyed :rolleyes:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
You have to be very proud to have a Greater Vasa parrot.
You definitely do not see a lot of them for sale or in rescues. That's a female am I correct? The greater are female, the lessers are male. Females are generally a 1/3 bigger than the males concerning Vasa parrots. You have a beautiful gem there!!
I envy you!! Thank Brit for posting that!!

Last edited:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You definitely do not see a lot of them for sale or in rescues. That's a female am I correct?
I consider myself very fortunate to have stumbled across such a gem completely by accident. Java is 100% male! He let's it all hang out during breeding season. Even at 430grams, the vet says he's still very small for his species, but perfectly sized for his disability. I love him just the same!

I have a friend who has a 19-year-old female Vasa that tops out at 700+ grams during breeding season but is around 600 grams most of the year. Java is definitely a little guy but he's feisty.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You definitely do not see a lot of them for sale or in rescues. That's a female am I correct? The greater are female, the lessers are male. Females are generally a 1/3 bigger than the males concerning Vasa parrots. You have a beautiful gem there!!
The Greater and Lesser Vasa have recently been classified as two separates species. The Lesser Vasa looks very similar to the Greater and they have similar habits but I believe the taxonomy is drastically different.

Correction: The Seychelles Black Parrot has been confused with both Lesser and Greater Vasa but has been reclassified. The Lesser and Greater are still in the Vasa family, though I believe the Lesser isn't as well known as the Greater. There isn't much information on the species as a whole, and scientists still don't know how to classify the bird. I believe they were aiming to have them both reclassified as raptors but I don't know if they ever went through with it. Vasas are the only parrot species that hunts and they require a higher protein content than other parrots.

Last edited:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
The Greater and Lesser Vasa have recently been classified as two separates species. The Lesser Vasa looks very similar to the Greater and they have similar habits but I believe the taxonomy is drastically different.

Correction: The Seychelles Black Parrot has been confused with both Lesser and Greater Vasa but has been reclassified. The Lesser and Greater are still in the Vasa family, though I believe the Lesser isn't as well known as the Greater. There isn't much information on the species as a whole, and scientists still don't know how to classify the bird. I believe they were aiming to have them both reclassified as raptors but I don't know if they ever went through with it. Vasas are the only parrot species that hunts and they require a higher protein content than other parrots.
Ohh, I didn't know that. They are incredibly interesting parrots. They are on my list to further study as I find them so cool!!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Java!!!!! I've been craving new footages of your sweet little guy! I just want to scoop him up and give him some snuggles!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Wow, Java is a big boy...I thought he was Penny size but she is way under 300 grams///He loves you...the velcro stick um/// :dance4:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
His little sounds are so CUTE! :heart2: :heart2:

Status
Not open for further replies.