• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's been a month.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faen

Hit the Road
To my baby boy Taz,

It's been a month since you left us and i still can't believe your gone. I'm sorry i wasn't there for you when you left us, know that i was getting the help i needed but it was only to be shattered again when i found out about your passing. I'm coping, but barely. I still miss those innocent brown eyes and your wagging tail when i come in through the front door, as well as the same sad eyes when i close the bedroom door behind on you before i have to leave. I miss coming home and the first thing i do is putting my arms around you and laying next to you and thinking about my day. I miss you sleeping next to me on my bed all cuddled up under the covers with your favourite teddy bear. You helped me through some of the darkest moments of my disease and in contrast been there for some of the greatest moments of my life. I wish that you were still here with us and that your life wasn't cut so short. I don't know where you are now, but where ever you are and whatever lies ahead of us just know that i will forever love you. There isn't a day that goes by that i don't think about you. Oh and one last thing baby, take care of Rosie where ever you are. I love you always and forever i hope someday i will reunite with you and Rosie again.

Love, Meghan

Taz was my 6 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback who passed away unexpectedly on December 1st. The vet said it was likely from a tumour in his intestinal tract. I never got to say good bye, even afterwards as i was in the hospital for personal reasons. He had so much personality. He was the laziest dog i have ever come across and perhaps that ever stepped foot on this planet. He lived his toys, his teddies especially. He took care of them as if they were his children and even carried a few of his select favourite around with him to each room of the house and to bed with him. He was also one of the most whimpy dogs i have ever met, at over just over 100 pounds he was afraid of the cat and it was a chore to get him to go for a walk if it was dark out or raining. He was the kind of dog that would probably be just as satisfied staying in bed all day rather then going for a walk. He was my baby. I miss him terribly.

Sorry for the picture overload i was going through a few of my old photobucket accounts picking random pictures that showed his personality and his beauty and got a little bit carried away.

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
He was a beautiful boy and I'm more than positive that both Taz and Rosie will be waiting for you on the other side of Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure that Taz knows you were unwell when he crossed the Bridge.:hug8::hug8:

copswife30

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
I am so sorry for your loss, it is never easy to lose any of our babies :hug8::hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry for your loss.

Matt

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh he was a beauty....guaranteed he is running somewhere with my chocolate Lab Coco who left us on May 27th:):hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
How very sad..I am so sorry!:sadhug: He was gorgeous! Run free Taz.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My heart breaks for you Meghan:(you remember something...you may not have been there at exact moment taz passed away........but you were there in his heart.I believe one day you will all meet again.
Run Free taz..... you sure are beautiful.

Christina71

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christina
:hug8:I'm so sorry for your loss, It's so hard when you have a special connection. I had a Taz that I lost over the summer, He was my cat but I always thought of him as my baby boy...he was with me for about 17 years, since my daughter was a year old. We called him Tazzy Ray (Ray came from my mother, she likes to nick-name other peoples animals) He was getting to the point where he wasn't getting around as easy. He was behind a tree as my daughter was backing out of the drive and he walked out behind her car...I saw it all. One second we were smiling and waving to eachother and in an instant we were both horrified, I sat in the driveway weeping and holding him as he passed. I miss him everyday, I never had such a strong connection to an animal before him and will probably never have that again, he was a great comfort to me many times throughout those 17 years, cuddling with me as I cried, and making me laugh after a bad day with his antics.

ArloDuncan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Steve
I'm so sorry Meghan for your loss. He was a beautiful dog :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.