• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Itchy Conure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loringafb89

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hazel
I started noticing some things sometime last week with Oliver, my two and a half month green cheek conure. First I noticed him chewing on his feet every now and then, so I called the breeder and asked him and he said that all birds do that and that he was just cleaning inside his beak. Well now he's been doing it much more often and I watched more carefully and he is actually gnawing on them, not getting stuff out of his beak. He has also become increasingly itchy every day and has been a little cranky.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not, but yesterday was the first time I've ever seen him regurgitate his food and I don't think it was affectionate because he was grumpy!

It hasn't been that bad until yesterday and today, but I can't call the vet to make an appointment until tomorrow and it's starting to worry me. Does anyone know what his problem might be and what I could do?

Help! Sorry it's such a long post!

Hazel

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
One thing I was thinking when reading this post, is are you giving Oliver a bath? that might help with what you are saying..They need a bath, I take some of my birds with me to the shower and some like the long bowl in the sink and the rest likes a little bowl in their cage! So you have to find out what works for your faby..one other way is spray bottle (but I really try not to use that ..only one of my bird ,the parakeet gets it. )

Status
Not open for further replies.