• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It was a year ago today that our little Fletcher died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
  • our little man...If you remember he was the little finch that was housed with his birdie love, Charlotte the canary...we rescued him, Charlotte and Terrible Tweets as my father in law was setting t hem free in the wild...so t hey came to live with us, got names, got toys and great food...and Fletcher got a platform as he was very crippled..He lives three good years with us..In fact I dont know why he hung on so long...He was 12 years old, an incredibly long life for a finch. his birdie love Charlotte protected him...She flew in front of him..she let him eat first, she preened him..she slept by his side at night...She even brought broccoli up to the platform for him..Fletcher loved to play with his toys...he had a thing with Sam...Sam would sit by their cage and call back and forth to him...He started having strokes again and became crippled in the other foot..but he could still fly...He died on March 18/2010 I miss him still...It was like a little light went out around here...have you ever heard a canary cry? Charlotte was devastated...she is ok now though I sometimes think she still misses him because I certainly do...Terrible Tweets went to the ohter side in November and I am sure that Fletcher was th ere to greet her, not crippled anymore and whole and flying high...Fly free forever little man...I weep for you still.
    http://
    ]http://

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Anne, so sorry it is a very sad time for you and probably come around much to quickly as if it had happened yesterday. Remember all the happiness Fletcher brought to you both and that you would rather have the happy memories than none at all. :hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Many many big hugs to you... :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye

Weirsh Bird

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Aubrey
:hug8: My heart breaks for you...I feel the same pain about my baby finch, LittleBird's passing. Fletcher had a wonderful life with you..you loved him, and cared specially for him, and he knew it. Believe me, they do. So many people overlook these wonderful little birds, but they know and feel love just as strongly as our parrots do. You were blessed to have him in your life, and he was blessed to have found you to care for him. He may be physically gone, but he will never be far from you. :hug8:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:hug8:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
It's true no matter how big or small they are always missed. :hug8: I miss my Sheltie who passed Dec 13th 2001 to this very day I crave to see those dark eyes again. :(

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so sorry. Just keep holding on to your memories.

Matt

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Little Fletcher hung on for so long because he knew he was - and still is - so very loved!
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:hug8::hug8:

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name