• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Isabelle scheduled a meeting

EdmLady

Sitting on the front steps
Baby Isabelle is fully flighted :cool: Here is what happened this week, even through it shouldn't have .... Isabelle made it to the kitchen and from there to the living room, landing on the budgies' cage. She was exhausted and proud! Turns out she must have called for a meeting with these noisy budgies. Here is Isabelle explaining the boys who is the new boss in the house.
IMG_20200109_194849.jpg

Buddy doesn't seem to be convinced. He looks like "really mommy, this tiny thing wants to be boss bird?". IMG_20200109_194749.jpg

Isabelle is now back in the spare bedroom. Quarantine is broken, but she needs more trust and training before her cage will be in the living room. Lesson learned, I will have to close doors when cages are open....

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
such cute pix
:heart:

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Awwww how sweet! :heart: Silly bird, guess she decided you were taking too long to introduce the boys and took matters into her own hands. Wings.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
That is a gorgeous photo :heart2:

Hopefully even thought Isabelle broke QT, there isn't anything to pass along. Free flight parrotlets = the only way to do it! :D You will need to get into parrotlet mode. My birds know the full layout of the house and will turn corners and go from room to room. Take great care with blankets, doors, curtains or the floor in addition to typical birdie safety. They like adventuring into soft things and it isn't always obvious they are there. My birds also seem to love the top of an open door (interior doors of course!), which gives me so much anxiety. I have a door stop to prevent the wind from shutting it.. but they do love sitting up there. Another major concern is the floor. When Isabelle is more comfortable with you and your home she will probably start floor exploring. The concern is that comfortable parrotlets, at least mine, do not fly up if you walk by. I can walk directly to them on the floor and they just stand in front of me looking up... total trust. This scares me sometimes because if I made a mistake or was in a rush I could step on one. My home is a pretty peaceful place and we have worked out a system. I am not sure how many live in your home, but it would be good to work out a birdie alert system so that everyone has their head on a swivel for little Isabelle. Parrotlets are very brave, especially with the people they trust. They can be brave to a fault!

I am looking forward to more photos of the adventures of Queen Isabelle and her Budgie minions :queen::alien83::alien4:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
So lucky they go along! But keep an eye on her... Parrotlets can be very aggressive and would bite off a toe, a foot or a beak if they get a chance. Both my budgies have been bitten by one of my p'lets, that was scary!!

EdmLady

That is a gorgeous photo :heart2:

Hopefully even thought Isabelle broke QT, there isn't anything to pass along. Free flight parrotlets = the only way to do it! :D You will need to get into parrotlet mode. My birds know the full layout of the house and will turn corners and go from room to room. Take great care with blankets, doors, curtains or the floor in addition to typical birdie safety. They like adventuring into soft things and it isn't always obvious they are there. My birds also seem to love the top of an open door (interior doors of course!), which gives me so much anxiety. I have a door stop to prevent the wind from shutting it.. but they do love sitting up there. Another major concern is the floor. When Isabelle is more comfortable with you and your home she will probably start floor exploring. The concern is that comfortable parrotlets, at least mine, do not fly up if you walk by. I can walk directly to them on the floor and they just stand in front of me looking up... total trust. This scares me sometimes because if I made a mistake or was in a rush I could step on one. My home is a pretty peaceful place and we have worked out a system. I am not sure how many live in your home, but it would be good to work out a birdie alert system so that everyone has their head on a swivel for little Isabelle. Parrotlets are very brave, especially with the people they trust. They can be brave to a fault!

I am looking forward to more photos of the adventures of Queen Isabelle and her Budgie minions :queen::alien83::alien4:
Thank you for pointing out that a parrotlet might walk on the floor. The budgies don't do that at all. I wil be mindful once she starts roaming around.

EdmLady

So lucky they go along! But keep an eye on her... Parrotlets can be very aggressive and would bite off a toe, a foot or a beak if they get a chance. Both my budgies have been bitten by one of my p'lets, that was scary!!
Thanks for the warning, much appreciated. At their meeting she followed my one budgie and he run for the hills. The other budgie wanted to feed her or at least climb on her back :bignono: Well, for now she remains in the spare bedroom until she steps up more comfortable. She can hear the budgies from her room, but she can't see them...