• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is Your Amazon a Cuddle Bug Also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Love Aviary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rodney Money
Sometimes I think our Orange-winged Amazon Emma is a green cockatoo, moody and sometimes a typical amazon grouch pot, but still very cuddly. I can go to her anytime I want, even inside the cage, and give her head-rubs. Her "crest" raises and she just starts singing and cooing while I give her some loving. She gives soft kisses and will even take a finger within her beak to place it on her head (so spoiled!) Also, Emma loves to take a nap snuggled underneath my chin while I pet her little head. So I was just wondering how many people have an amazon that is a snuggle bug, or who can place their hand in their amazon's cage to pet them?
~Rodney

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
Not as fortunate here (guess it is good we have a 'too). Scritches are usually only allowed when he is on a perch inside or outside cage but when perched on us doesn't seem to like them. Does love to be on us, though.

True Love Aviary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rodney Money
So you can pet him inside the cage? That is awesome! Does he show enjoyment?

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Danny sure is. Not all the time; but a lot - especially near bedtime. :heart:

I can scritch him in the cage except he's out of it most the time... And he presents for a scritch when he does come out :)

True Love Aviary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rodney Money
Awesome! I've noticed that Emma plays as hard as Danny also.

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
My Emma isn't always up for cuddles. It is allowed on her terms only! lol

I take them every chance I get though

True Love Aviary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rodney Money
Danny sure is. Not all the time; but a lot - especially near bedtime. :heart:

I can scritch him in the cage except he's out of it most the time... And he presents for a scritch when he does come out :)
What is about bedtime that makes them so cuddly!?! Emma Bean is the exact same way.:lol:I love to cuddle also when I get sleepy.:p

True Love Aviary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rodney Money
My Emma isn't always up for cuddles. It is allowed on her terms only! lol

I take them every chance I get though
But when you have your moments, I bet your heart just melts!:heart:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Max isn't a big cuddler, except at bedtime. Then he just lays his head on me while I softly give him scritches and makes the sweetest little noises. Most of the time I can give him scritches in his cage, get him to step up on me while in his cage, but when he is hormonal, I don't even try. All bets are off then and he'll go into attack mode.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
What is about bedtime that makes them so cuddly!?! Emma Bean is the exact same way.:lol:I love to cuddle also when I get sleepy.:p

Danny does it so that it delays 'cage time' :eek: He know's if he's eating or scritching then I wont put him away to bed... Manipulative smartypants :rofl:

But, yes, most of us are a bit cuddly when sleepy. lol. ;)

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
My Luca is a complete cuddle bug. I absolutely adore this little guy. First thing in the morning when he wakes up he says "I lovvvee yoooouu", in his sweet little voice. I can go to him anytime and pick him up and give him kisses and scritches. He is still an Amazon and can be moody or get mad about something and beat his toys up, but he loves to be held and to sing and cuddle. If he wants to cuddle and I am holding Zoe or Jack he lets me know by saying " no no Jack/Zoe". That means he wants some mommy time. I just love him to pieces.

True Love Aviary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rodney Money
We NEED to see some videos!! :laughing12:
After she gets her cast off.

She will hang upside down on her plastic chains and yell bloody murder at her toys down below. That's her way of having fun. She will also do it on my hand.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Both of mine will gladly accept head scritches. My Red Lored bends his head over and closes his eyes. My Amazons have no issue with my hands going in their cage.

My Red Lored is a cuddle bug, loves to be under your chin to snuggle and loves to roll around in a soft blanket when watching TV. My Mealy on the other hand is always on the move. He is cuddly, and very sweet but he's a mischief maker on the move. Both of mine are sweet, the only time you need to watch out for a bite from my Red Lored is when he has to go back in his cage and he doesn't want to.

He lets me know it! :huh:

True Love Aviary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rodney Money
My Luca is a complete cuddle bug. I absolutely adore this little guy. First thing in the morning when he wakes up he says "I lovvvee yoooouu", in his sweet little voice. I can go to him anytime and pick him up and give him kisses and scritches. He is still an Amazon and can be moody or get mad about something and beat his toys up, but he loves to be held and to sing and cuddle. If he wants to cuddle and I am holding Zoe or Jack he lets me know by saying " no no Jack/Zoe". That means he wants some mommy time. I just love him to pieces.
I would fall so in love also!:heart: What kind of amazon is Luca?

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
That is true, with an Amazon when he/she wants those times it does melt your heart.

Nighttime is cute here, too. I have to be careful I don't keep him up too late, just like when my kids were babies.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Yes, Sammy is a cuddle bug most of the time, and ruffles her neck feathers for me to scritch them, hehe

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
:heart:My mealy is totally cuddly! She loves to be scratched, and to wrap your whole hand around her head, and loves having her beak stroked. She likes to be held real close, and is a total love bug. :heart:

jylu97

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Liz
Mine loves scritches and cuddles, too, but only when she wants them. She will be very vocal and call me (I don't know how I can tell, but I can tell she is calling for me vs. dinner) in a really cute voice. She will continue calling until I come over, then she lowers her head sideways with a nod. Also, if I feel like scratching her, I will put a mask on because I'm allergic to her dust when I get large amounts of it and tap her outside perch. She will come right over and present her head unless she's playing. I pretty much let her decide when she wants me to preen her, especially since she is full of pins right now. A bedtime preen session is mandatory, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.