• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this pan safe?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Today we were at Farm And Fleet and we picked up this pan (my dad is on the hunt for a perfect pan for grilled cheese, lol). I reckon it should be safe, it says it's PFOA and PTFE- free. It's made of aluminum with a ceramic coating and a stainless steel bottom.

I think it should be safe, I just thought I'd check here first. Thoughts?

JornsBergenson

Walking the driveway
I recently went through finding non-stick pans. According to "the internet":

According to various ceramic manufacturers, even if you accidentally heat a ceramic coated pan beyond 450 C, it will not emit any toxic fumes, unlike a Teflon coated pan. Nor will it break down. Which means it’s safe for humans, birds and pets.
I don't remember what I ended up buying but they had the same "PFOA, PTFE free" claims. I still am careful about not having the birds anywhere near the kitchen when I'm cooking.

Faun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Faun
It appears to be safe since its both PFOA and PTFE free. I love VCA website here is an article which mainly discusses the teflon chemical PTFE but its a good article

I use the same type you have pictured and never had an issue.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I use pans like that on my induction cooktop. They are fine for birds

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks good to me. Very similar to what I use.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Today we were at Farm And Fleet and we picked up this pan (my dad is on the hunt for a perfect pan for grilled cheese, lol). I reckon it should be safe, it says it's PFOA and PTFE- free. It's made of aluminum with a ceramic coating and a stainless steel bottom.

I think it should be safe, I just thought I'd check here first. Thoughts?

I own a griddle that's very similar. Had it for 2 years w/ no issue. I did a bunch of research before it went on my Christmas list & I couldn't find any reason not to use it around the house. Just be sure to wash & then season it when you get it... Don't use high heat as I've read it can cause issues w/ ceramic pans.

:hug8: