• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this cage big enough?

ariana&mia

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ari
Hi,
I was wondering a cage 20x-20x-28.5x would be big enough for a single cockatiel? Especially since she would be with me most of the time, she would only be in her cage to sleep and maybe a couple of hours during the day.
thanks,
ariana + Mia + the rest of the zoo:D:D

ImaBirdMom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jessica
Why don't you go with a flight cage... And get a nice stand for the side or even the branches that hook to the top of the cage... I think with flight cages you get way more cage for your money... Lots of people like them here. You can them on eBay and amazon for a great price. I have never seen the cage you posted in person but it doesn't look well made... Maybe someone here can chime in with personal experience! Cant wait to see your cockatiel :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ariana&mia

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ari
Why don't you go with a flight cage... And get a nice stand for the side or even the branches that hook to the top of the cage... I think with flight cages you get way more cage for your money... Lots of people like them here. You can them on eBay and amazon for a great price. I have never seen the cage you posted in person but it doesn't look well made... Maybe someone here can chime in with personal experience! Cant wait to see your cockatiel :)
Ok, so I went ahead and took your advice after reading some reviews online, not so great reviews:eek::(, so I found a flight cage that would fit perfectly in my room and large enough for my girl. Also I have a similar cage for my sugar gliders so I now they are super sturdy :)

Attachments

ImaBirdMom

Real Name
Jessica
Yes that would be great! You can fit some nice natural perches in there with some great toys and your cockatiel will LOVE it!

ImaBirdMom

Real Name
Jessica
Check that cage and see how how the dishes work? I like the cages that the dish doors lock.... If u get that one u can add little locks to make sure she doesn't escape. Or maybe other can chime in and let you know how the doors/ food doors work.

ariana&mia

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ari
The food door has a latch that I don't think a cockatiel could open but I'm still going to put locks on it just in case

solo

Real Name
jess
flight cages are amazing :hug8:

ImaBirdMom

Real Name
Jessica
The food door has a latch that I don't think a cockatiel could open but I'm still going to put locks on it just in case
Oh good! I couldn't really tell! I can't wait to see the cage all set up! :)

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Thanks for this. I am new to lovebirds. My two came to me 5 days ago. Ater doing some readings, I've decided on a flight cage for them.

ImaBirdMom

Real Name
Jessica

Thanks for this. I am new to lovebirds. My two came to me 5 days ago. Ater doing some readings, I've decided on a flight cage for them.
Your welcome :) glad I could help! Congrats on your new lovies!!! Can't wait to see pics :)

ariana&mia

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ari

Aww I hope you have fun with your new babies! Love birds are so sweet and lovable!:heart:

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
I love my flight cage for my tiels. I have a double decker since I needed two of them, I plan on in the near future switching to a side by side model so that my shy guys can hopefully interact more with Abby and Elvis who they adore but being semi shut ins they don't get to see much being so frightened by coming out of their cage still.

You will have to post pics when you have it all decorated with toys and perches. I love seeing other peoples set ups! (it helps me get new ideas of what to do for my birds!!)

kitsunebandit

Avenue Veteran
I wish we had decent flight cages available here in the UK but sadly we don't! I'm sure your cockatiel will love having plenty of space :)