• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is there anything different between Poop-Off Wipes & Unscented Baby Wipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Is it ok if I use unscented baby wipes instead to clean off the cages? Are they the same thing? :)

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
a lot of people use unscented baby wipes

The only difference I would think is Poop off or any cleaner meant for birds has chemicles to help break up the dried poop and to clean the birds cages, perches etc.

where as baby wipes don't

but they still clean just as fine,may have to use a little more elbow grease with them, but i'm not sure as I've never used baby wipes Or poop off wipes, when I used poop off it was in a bottle with a Scrubber attached to it. That btw didn't help clean any I ended up just pouring or squirting it on and using a kitchen type scrubber for dishes

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I dont know, but I currently use baby wipes to take bird poo off everything!!! Not just the cages! My carpet, my clothes, everything!

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
a lot of people use unscented baby wipes

The only difference I would think is Poop off or any cleaner meant for birds has chemicles to help break up the dried poop and to clean the birds cages, perches etc.

where as baby wipes don't

but they still clean just as fine,may have to use a little more elbow grease with them, but i'm not sure as I've never used baby wipes Or poop off wipes, when I used poop off it was in a bottle with a Scrubber attached to it. That btw didn't help clean any I ended up just pouring or squirting it on and using a kitchen type scrubber for dishes
Thanks Kelli... :hug8: I like the wipes myself because anything that comes with a attachment will surely be used improperly by me.. :rofl:

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I love using unscented baby wipes. I use them for everything as well :)

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I also use unscented baby wipes. LOVE them! And they are a lot cheaper then the bird brands.

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I just bought 900 unscented baby wipes from Costco on sale!!! I sure love that place. That'll hopefully last me for a while

Scootersmom

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Deborah
I'm a Poop-off wipes fan. The baby wipes may contain some cleansers that aren't designed for birds, but maybe I'll have a gander at the label as I'll wager they are cheaper. The Poop-off has an enzymatic component like that in Nature's miracle that makes it especially good on dried Poop. The baby wipes are more geared to immediate cleanup of a bottom, not delayed cleanup of something that might get licked, FWIW.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Not sure if these can be bought in a store I haven't had to buy baby wipes in 10 years but I'm sure there are ones at a store similar (different brand but made the same) if your worried about chemicals, which i doubt any harmful chemicals are in baby wipes, every baby i know has taken one and chewed/sucked on while being changed some do it a lot.

Amazon.com: Broody Chick Baby Wipes (100% Natural / Fully Compostable 80 unscented wipes): Baby

Product Features

100% Natural / Fully Compostable
Made from nature's sustainable resources
Hypo-allergenic, Chemical-free
Fragrance-free
Chlorine-free

carlottalyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carlie
I love baby wipes! They work for everything. And having two kids in diapers I have lots around! :rofl: (well, one is graduating to pull-ups and potty training finally...but still.)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I use unscented baby wipes for everything with the birds! I get 3 packets (which has 200 wipes in each packet), whenever I go and buy some - but, if they are on special, which usually they are 2 for $4.00 (and they are $3.90 each packet), then I grab at least 5 or 6 packets. :o: But we go through them like it isn't funny here, not only because I use them for the birds, but my baby cousin, my brothers, and just to clean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.