• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is there a cockatiel weekly meal plan?

Airman21

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Balan Andrei
Hey guys, i love my cockatiels and i care for them so much, i want their diet to be healthier so. I currently feed my cockatiels 50% pellets 50%seeds and ocasionally vegetables/fruits. Is there any plan like a list on what should i feed a cockatiel every day?

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
I don't think you'd need a meal plan, just as long as their getting lots of fresh foods everyday. The main things I feed my bird in a day are: pellets, freshly diced veggies, sometimes grains mixed in and it's usually whatever I have on hand, a treat/millet for foraging and a bit of fruit. However, take my advice with a grain of salt as, I'm not a cockatiel expert so I'd wait for a second opinion from someone who knows what cockatiels need in their diet.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It’s good that you’re feeding both seeds and pellets. I would try to add more veggies to their diet, as much as they will eat. Sprouts, broccoli and freeze dried veggies are helpful for getting your birds started on fresh foods.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
For me planning or making a schedule helps alot, so if it helps you, just customize to you and your birds needs, if you have questions about safe veggies and foods you should tag Mizzely because she is very good with nutrition

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I agree with Tiel Feathers, adding more veggie options, maybe some sprouts , or freeze dried things too. You can offer veggies daily alongside the pellets and seeds.

If you need help or a guide for the veggies, I like to use this to reference when choosing the ingredients and finding a good balanced veggie mix;