• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

is my cat pregnant

winniezon

Jogging around the block
a street cat that lives downstairs is very fat now she is about under a year old. she is eating lots and is more affectionate. she was with a big male cat a while ago. she is very fluffy and does not like me touching her stomach so it is hard to tell if she is getting milk. i don't have a pic sorry! she also has diarrhoea is this bad if she is pregnant

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It would depend on how bad the diarrhoea is and how long she has had it for and why she has it. If she is a street cat then there is every chance she has eaten something gross. Lots of people also think they are doing something nice by offering a bowl of milk for cats...... they are all lactose intolerant so it is not a nice thing to give them for a treat.
I would hope it is just something she has eaten and not something terrible. You can often tell a cat is pregnant by the shape of their belly so maybe just expect she is pregnant (being a street cat it is highly likely) and maybe see if you can entice her to hang out more in your yard so you can catch the kittens when they are still little and take them to the vet place you had that street dog at.

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Hmm it's probably not likely she's just fat. If she's round like a balloon, not flabby but more bloated looking it's likely she will have kittens. I don't know on the diarrhea.
After she has kittens I hope you will try to get her spayed.:)

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Our cat never let anyone touch her stomach when she was pregnant. I think I'd expect this cat to be pregnant, all things considered.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Offering a crate in a dark quiet place can help entice her to give birth there. Start now if you are hoping to keep your eye on them. Cats are induced ovulators, so it's very likely she is pregnant.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
SAD UPDATE
on Friday she could not have her baby who was a breech birth and was dead:sad11:. she went to the vet and got it out. she was fine for the next day but panting and looked as if she was going to have another one. the next morning we checked on her there was blood everywhere. she had carried her self up the stairs. she was still and stiff. but alive! we took her to the vet and she had a virus and needed antibiotics. we took her home and put her inside the house on a bed. we kept our pets out and checked on her every hour. we fed her medicine and mushed up food through a syringe. later she threw up and she had something up her throat and she couldn't take it and died.:sad13::sad10::sad11::sad3: we buried her today. she will be with her kitten in heaven and her brothers and sisters and her mama

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
SAD UPDATE
on Friday she could not have her baby who was a breech birth and was dead:sad11:. she went to the vet and got it out. she was fine for the next day but panting and looked as if she was going to have another one. the next morning we checked on her there was blood everywhere. she had carried her self up the stairs. she was still and stiff. but alive! we took her to the vet and she had a virus and needed antibiotics. we took her home and put her inside the house on a bed. we kept our pets out and checked on her every hour. we fed her medicine and mushed up food through a syringe. later she threw up and she had something up her throat and she couldn't take it and died.:sad13::sad10::sad11::sad3: we buried her today. she will be with her kitten in heaven and her brothers and sisters and her mama

This is the most depressing story that I have read- anywhere. If you were able to take that cat to the vet on Friday than you should have been able to take her in sooner to get her spayed. Cats are not always the hardy independent creatures that fables make them out to be- they need vet attention on a regular basis just like any other animal. Young unfixed females are especially prone to problems when giving birth to their first litter.

This is a tragedy that could have been prevented.

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
From what I gather this cat was a street cat. I think the OP did what they could. Sad that they lost the battle. :(

Sorry, she does describe the cat as a street cat but also says it was her cat. I am tired of people thinking that it is no big deal when cats get pregnant, for a very young cat with her first litter it is a very big deal. The minute that cat was seen panting, she should have been taken back to the vet's.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aww i just saw this update, that´s awfully sad.

but also says it was her cat.
I call the doves that visit my balcony every day ¨my doves¨. I believe OP cared for the cat by leaving food and water etc.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am sorry @ume. Thank you for helping a cat that you did not buy or bring home and that did not really belong to you. I am so sorry to hear she did not make it, may she rest in peace :sorrow:

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie

I call the doves that visit my balcony every day ¨my doves¨. I believe OP cared for the cat by leaving food and water etc.

Not only did this kitty die, but her "mama, brother, and siblings"? How does she know that about a cat she just basically put food and water out for, not to mention, how did their deaths happen? Never mind, I don't want to know.

I am having hard time with this thread so I will bow out.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
her mother went upstairs a lot and had a litter of kittens we had not known her for very long. we had nothing to do with the kittens really but we think that most of them died but one called pikachu lived and she was going to be neutered soon. we had never been that close with her but she was ours for the last few days

winniezon

Jogging around the block
yes

[/QUOTE

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly