• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is hot glue safe?

BudgieMom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Montana
Hey AA my Budgies coconut perch was glued with Hot Glue because it fell out, and My budgies seem to chew it, I had to take it out and Apple is upset attacking tweety, she is in her travel cage.
Please I need to know if it is safe

Zara_birdlover

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Zara Fellman
I looked it up and I saw that hot glue is safe(when it's dried) but the only thing that is toxic is the fumes when it's still hot. If your worried about it you could wrap some rope or sea grass to cover the glue. Hope this helped. :)

BudgieMom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Montana
Oh no, I use hot glue and my budgies are in the same room, anyway thanks for your help

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
The glue is safe but not if they are chewing it. When gluing something the glue should not be exposed when you're done

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

xgreenbudgiex

Walking the driveway
I think he means they shouldn't be able to access it, like it should be hidden under another part of whatever you are glueing, so they can't chew it.

I use hot glue, but since my birds are mostly finches, they don't tend to chew anything :D

There are a lot of cool things you can make for your birds using a glue gun, most of my bird toys are home made and honestly I think they like home made ones better ;)

BudgieMom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Montana
I think he means they shouldn't be able to access it, like it should be hidden under another part of whatever you are glueing, so they can't chew it.

I use hot glue, but since my birds are mostly finches, they don't tend to chew anything :D

There are a lot of cool things you can make for your birds using a glue gun, most of my bird toys are home made and honestly I think they like home made ones better ;)

Okay.