• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is Birdman's Parrots any good

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I've visited there a few times before I got my bird and all I can say is, one time I saw a bunch of flying insects in the bird's food dishes, and he claims to feed them a varied diet but all I saw was seeds.

Then I read a review that said someone got a bird from him that turned out to have the borno virus. He erased that review shortly after but I would be weary.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Oh yeah! I can't believe I totally forgot to mention that Birdman's parrots has this new option of financing birds.

When I read more about what that actually means it totally disgusted me. They use a financing company called Wags FAQ | Wags Lending and you're basically leasing a parrot.

In order to actually own the bird, you have to pay additional fees after the lease is up, or buy out the lease (which is like double the purchase price)

I find it quite disturbing and sad that these people prey on people who can't afford the price of a bird, and treat animals like a car.

That was ultimately what made me decide to never ever step foot in that place again. Spread the word - leasing animals is vile!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Have heard that they have disease, but it's apocryphal. Have no direct dealings with them.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Have you looked into buying direct from breeder. It is typically cheaper than store prices to do so, plus the breeder knows more about the bird you are getting. If you know of no breeders, get in contact with bird clubs and they can direct you.

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Fostering is a wonderful idea. Also, rescuing.
The reason I asked where you were located is I have a friend who is getting 7 RB2s next week but he is in Virginia.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
If your ok with shipping a bird, I'm getting my second RB2 from a small breeder here in California. I believe they have a few more available. I happen to live 20 minutes from them and got my bare eyed too from them as a baby. Wonderful breeders in my opinion and my first boy was such a wonderful bird. They ship from Sacramento airport. The babies are about 7 weeks old now. Let me know if you want their info:)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
What caught my attention was that there is no health guarantee posted as in "you have XXX# days to have your bird checked by a vet". That in itself is sometimes useless because some testing takes more than 7 days for a result to come back if the test has to be sent out to a lab.

I would ask who does their vetting if you are asking questions about getting a bird from them. MHO only, :2cents::2cents:

Gustavohco

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Gustavo Costa
If your ok with shipping a bird, I'm getting my second RB2 from a small breeder here in California. I believe they have a few more available. I happen to live 20 minutes from them and got my bare eyed too from them as a baby. Wonderful breeders in my opinion and my first boy was such a wonderful bird. They ship from Sacramento airport. The babies are about 7 weeks old now. Let me know if you want their info:)
Could you please send me the info of this breeder?

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could you please send me the info of this breeder?
This is an old thread. The member that you are trying to ask has not logged in for approximately five years, so it is unlikely that they will see your message.