• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introducing Houdini

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArloDuncan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Steve
Hi All

I can't believe I have been meaning to introduce My newest Fid to you all for a whole month now...I mentioned the possibility on this a month ago in this thread http://forums.avianavenue.com/lovebird-lane/99078-been-thinking-adding-my-flock.html Well I went ahead and adopted this very sweet Peach faced love bird from a local Parrot rescue at the beginning of December. And we have been bonding , Quarantining , Vetting, and dealing with the Holidays so I have been very neglectful and remiss In introducing "him" to you all. I have been waiting on the DNA and it should really be in by now.. i guess the Holiday's have set them behind. Anyway This is Houdini and he is a very sweet "Boy" He has an interesting story he was found on someone's back porch last spring And was brought to the Rescue. and was there for a number of months with no luck in finding his owners and They finally put him up for adoption and I thought he was just adorable!!!! And it was almost 1 year since my lovebird Duncan past away... so The timing and this particular guy just seemed meant to be. Well they named him Houdini because he is clearly an escape artist As he escaped from his home and while at the rescue it became clear he knew how to open certain types of cage doors. So I have to be careful and keep his cage secured When I'm not home. So clearly we have no idea how old he is but my vet is guesstimating he is still young and probably only 2-5 years old. The rescue converted him over to Harrison's fine pellets so I didn't have to worry about that. The first few weeks I had him he clearly didn't know much about toys but he has since started to really enjoy a number of different types of them and that pleases me and he steps up well and likes to hang out on my shoulder :). Quarantine is exhausting and I can't wait till it is over!!! But I really Love this boy already.. :hug8:

So again we just wanted to say hi to you all...

IMG_0178.JPG IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0183.jpg IMG_0155.JPG

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on him!

Matt

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Simply adorable :heart::heart::heart: He looks very comfortable with his surroundings :D

adinafloyd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Adina
Congrats to you and houdini....To you for rescuing such an adorable lil guy and to him for being able to have a home with lotsa love!!!!

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
He's so cute and vibrant!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Congrats on adding Houdini to your flock! He is adorable.:heart: I am also waiting on blood test results, that they just "found" yesterday. They were sent over the holidays. Should have them in a few days. Good luck with him.:)

Picaroon

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kymi
Aww, he's so cute! My lil' one was found in my neighbor's yard and after trying to locate the owners, I adopted her. I used to call her my "lil' houdini" because they truly are escape artists! She would find a nice curved area of cage and start pinching bars together til there was enough wiggle room to *squeeze* through. Gotta love them and their crazy antics!
563895_354477551317806_2138904369_n.jpg

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Wow he looks sweet. I can see you bonded. Very nice story. Sorry about your loss but I hope Houdini brings new joy

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how adorable...congratulations!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Houdini is a cutie.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Awww, he looks just like Trinket Mistermeisterman. Congrats!

Ginger

Kayaker

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
George
I had a peach faced named Houdini and like yours he was well named. He escaped from everything. I went through 5 different types of cages before we found something he and his mate Copperfield could't get out of.
Enjoy your new addition.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Awww adorable little Houdini.. :heart: And great cage setup.. :highfive: I'm soo happy that you found each other.. :hug8:

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
What a cutie!!!
I'm glad it all worked out Steve. I look forward to more posts and pictures of Houdini! :)

Deej

Real Name
Deena
This is awesome Steve. :dance5: So glad you decided to bring another bundle of feathers into your heart and home. Welcome to AA Houdini. :heart:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Oh my he is a doll.:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.