• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Interesting DIY ideas for this piece?

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
I get one of these pieces of cardboard in a delivery every week. I keep saving them to make some kind of interesting bird toy, but I haven't had any brilliant ideas yet. Would love to brainstorm with others!

20211209_221251.jpg

The whole thing is about 11x14, the holes are 7/8 inches across (23 mm). I have 2 budgies and a GCC.

Momof3litt

That would be massive!!! Hmm, I like the idea of cutting it down to make a foraging cube though, will have to see if I can find a good template...

I have so many of them, more ideas?

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’d also shove a nutriberry in each hole and hang a strip of them in the cage or on the playstand!

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Hanging it flat on a cage wall (cut in half if it's too big) with something shoved in the holes. Maybe roll up paper, shove it in, and cut the ends of it like a flower?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Roll it into a tube for foraging push crinkle paper finger traps etc through the holes, nutriberries,fave seeds etc. Stuffed into holes. Tie tube shut with paper string.

Could be left lying down flat on a surface or hanging down longways.

Momof3litt

Okay, here's toy #1 - foraging cube stuffed with crinkle paper made from mail. It's got paper straws with safflower seeds inside, cupcake wrappers with nutriberries (the red balls), some loofah, and it's all tied up in jute twine. If he makes it to the middle, there's a nice big chunk of cashew waiting in there!

20211210_225459.jpg

Love the "flower wall" and foraging tube ideas, will definitely try those next.