• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Info about Nanday Conures,please:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have read alot about Nanday Conures,as I have been wanting one for years.

I would love to hear from some people that share their lives with them,as I might have the chance to adopt one.

I know that they can have a very shrill and long lasting scream but seeing as I have a Sun,im not to worried about that,lol.

I would love to hear about your Nandays personalitys and maybe even see some pics and hear some stories about them:)

Thanks

Magic

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
well i have a nanday named raven she is daddys lil princess she is very cuddly and loving tho she can be loud at times when she screams and she thinks shes a cat she likes to rub on your cheek with her face then give kisses she talks and talks and never shuts up lol she dances to the word come here and shes huge into playing ball with you she loves to hang out with us when we are on the computer or watching tv she thinks she should be center of attion alot of the time. here are some pics of the princess raven lol

Attachments

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow,she is just so beautiful,thank you for sharing.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I have a nanday that hangs out with my quaker I do not know much about her as she was a rescue she is an alarm bird and screams when she sees anything in the back yard she and the quaker have been known to gang up on any one in the room and the goffins so they are not out together

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Nandays are one of my ultimate dream birds! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too. :D

Raven is stunning!

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Raven is so adorable...how old is she?

I have a 20 year old nanday Duster...he is such a funny bird. We got him as a baby when we knew little about birds. He is a clown, independent yet loves to have his mommy around. He is pretty much a one person bird. Me and only me!

Of all our five conures, he has the most shrill call and he is our alarm. When anything is off or new, he lets me know about it. He is kind of like a tattle tale...when all five conures are out in the bird room, if one of them goes where they shouldn't be, or on the floor, or on another cage, he starts yelling. Immediataly I know to check on them! lol

My husband can not take the shrillness of his voice...so he always puts cotton in his ears when in that room. lol

I love my Duster and honestly the call doesn't bother me too much.

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
thanks raven is almost a year old she isnt really a one person bird she will only allow me or my husband to handle her and she is an alarm she doesnt like intruders meaning people comming into the house she screams at them but other then that she is a clown and full of bounce and into everything but she tells on others if they get into something lol plus she tells on her self witch is rather funny to watch ive gotten so used to the screaming and yelling it doesnt bother me unless i have a head ache lol

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
LOL So she is just a baby....Duster used to like hubby to...used to snuggle in his shirt all the time, then hubby stopped interacting with him. :(

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
LOL So she is just a baby....Duster used to like hubby to...used to snuggle in his shirt all the time, then hubby stopped interacting with him. :(
i bought raven for my hubbys birthday gift becouse he had a fit over her i wasnt even looking at nandays i was looking at the blue quaker they had lol but he really wanted her bad and so i got her for him then come christmas time he bought me my baby blue quaker lol so it evens out we both got what we wanted in the end

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Awe that's sweet!

Eliza

Jogging around the block
I love the Nanday's little red pants. They are SO stinkin' cute :)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any more Nanday pics or stories?

Carbon

Walking the driveway
I know that they can have a very shrill and long lasting scream but seeing as I have a Sun,im not to worried about that,lol
I just wanted to point out that their long shrill squawk is very different from a suns' (although it might just be a biased statistic from my part, due to small sample size). I personally I could take the sun's squawk but was unable to take the screams of the very few Nandays that I've seen. Other than that, they seem like great birds.

grndragon57

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Fred
Our Nanday is a 20 year old male. He is a rescue that we've had for 3 years. If he likes you he is a sweet bird and likes to cuddle. If he doesn't like you he won't let you near him.

As for noise his call is louder and more grating than our Suns, however he rarely uses his loud call. The only time he gets real loud is when something alarms him or when he sees something new or out of place.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
We have a Nandy (Female Moe 11yrs) in the rescue she is WONDERFUL can be VERY loud but makes up for it in personality i give her an A+ :)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have listened to their calls on Youtube and they dont bother me that much,yes its a little worse then Skittles's scream but nothing that I would worry to much about:)

Eliza

Jogging around the block
I just have to say that I love the Nanday conures little red legs. They are so cute :)

Status
Not open for further replies.