• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Important question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutestbuddhist

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lucy
So, given that I am accident prone this is nothing new in my house. I put a flimsy plastic cutting board in my dishwasher, and somehow it got to the bottom and melted?? Should I be concerned for my fid? I've opened all the windows and have all the fans in the apartment going, but I'm still concerned!

cutestbuddhist

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lucy
Crisis averted (hopefully). I called my mom and she suggested I take Hera for a car ride...so 40 minutes later she is sleeping soundly. But not before looking at me like :omg::eek::scared4: because we were going on a car ride at night!

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Good thinking on your mother's part, for removing the bird from the questionable environment, at least until the air cleared out. I'd still keep watch over your fid in the next day or so, checking for possible breathing irregularities, change in behaviour or eating habits, but does sound like you averted possible danger :)

newatthistx

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Michele
I'm glad things worked out.....same thing happened here about a month ago......I was coming downstairs and as soon as my foot hit the step landing the smell hit me and I run the rest of the way down looking for fire.....turns out one of my Tupperware lids fell down on top of the heating coil......like you I ran all the fans, opened all windows and doors and it aired out quickly.....but I'll admit I was to scared to cover them for bedtime that night :o:..

cutestbuddhist

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lucy
I was SO concerned! I've finally stopped peeking in on her as I need to get some sleep myself, but I'm still a tad worried (it comes with being a parront!). Luckily I have a quick thinking mom who put my fears at ease :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.