• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Important Question. I need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paniolodave

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dave
As some of you know, one of my three gcc Misfit was hurt, he has gotten so much better, his foot was looked at again by His doctor and said he'll be fine he must have pulled or torn something cause one of his nails turn black, Ther is a blood flow in there.

My question is, he went from being the boss in the cage to always being picked on, he cant defend himself so he trys to run away, Should i get a cage for just him? they have been together their whole 4 1/2 years. Commen sence tells me "yes" but you all know more than i do, I just don't want him to get hurt.

Thank you for hearing me out.
Dave

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Hi Dave,
I think that would be very good for little Misfit. :hug8:
It's no fun being bullied

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I think it'd probably be wise to put him in a separate cage for now - if later on down the track you want to put him back in, then you can so long as it all goes smoothly and he doesn't continue to be picked on.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
yes give him his own cage..when you are there they can come out and play together on a play stand or tree or something..then he can be safe and comfty in his cage:heart:

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree with taking him out on his own, he deserves a stress free life. Playing together outside of their cage would be good.

Last edited:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Once a bird is injured and viewed as "weak" by the other members of the flock they will pick on him. They are trying to drive him away and in extreme cases even try to kill him. His injury/weakness is a threat to the flocks safety as it would attract predators in the wild. You should let him heal and get strong in a stress free environment (meaning his own cage). When he is back to normal and just like the others they will not see him as a liability to the flock anymore. I would keep his cage close by so he does not feel isolated from the flock for his sake but yet he will be safe and stress free from attacks and bullying.

Paniolodave

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dave
O.K. New cage it is. Thank you all very very much for your expertise, I do appreciate it.

Dave & Misfit

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I think that getting him his own cage is a good idea. You could always put his cage next to theirs if you are afraid he will get lonely.

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I recently separated my 2 Suns for the same thing and they haven't fought since. If you think about it, too much togetherness can be a bad thing. If you have siblings, think back to the days where your sibling got on your last nerve LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.