• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm unhappy with some purchases from a vendor (not from AA)

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I don't know whether or not I should mention the name of the company but some people will probably figure it out just by looking at the items. I have older versions of these things that were perfect so I didn't expect to be so dissapointed. And I thought this was usually a very reputable company so I'm pretty surprised.

I got a boing, a T swing, and D shaped swing . Two out of three have visible glue. And two out of three have wire showing that looks like unsafe metal.

:shocked4:

Glue
20210713_104056.jpg
Wire
20210713_104111.jpg
More wire (blackish/blue)
20210713_104026.jpg
More glue
20210713_104148.jpg

Such a pain but I think I need to return everything. I'm just so dissapointed cause like I said, I have another D perch and T swing from them and they were absolutely perfect for atleast a couple of years. They're starting to frey a bit now cause Blu contantly jumps on and climbs them so I just wanted to replace them

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That's super disappointing!! I wonder if COVID made them make changes that were less than ideal?

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
Would you mind sharing the name of the company, so newbies like me don't end up buying from them?

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
That's super disappointing!! I wonder if COVID made them make changes that were less than ideal?
That's definitely possible!

I am not sure what to say when I contact them. Do you think I should ask if it's possible to have someone thoroughly inspect a complete replacement? Would that even be possible? Or should I just ask for my money back?

Would you mind sharing the name of the company, so newbies like me don't end up buying from them?
I will private message you. If a mod tells me it's ok to say the company here then I'll tell every one.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's fine to say the name :)

I would just bring up your concerns with the materials and craftsmanship used. If they offer a replacement, I would likely accept under the condition that if the next one also isn't up to your standards that you can still get a refund.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
It's fine to say the name :)

I would just bring up your concerns with the materials and craftsmanship used. If they offer a replacement, I would likely accept under the condition that if the next one also isn't up to your standards that you can still get a refund.

Thank you Shawna. I will do that. The company is Planet pleasures. I ordered directly from them.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
If you ordered company direct, I wonder if the ones they have in stock are the ones that they wouldn't send to a distributer. I sell a lot of their toys and there has NEVER ever once been a toy I thought was poor. Maybe they took it from the seconds pile? That is not the norm for Planet Plesures, it has to be an error.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
If you ordered company direct, I wonder if the ones they have in stock are the ones that they wouldn't send to a distributer. I sell a lot of their toys and there has NEVER ever once been a toy I thought was poor. Maybe they took it from the seconds pile? That is not the norm for Planet Plesures, it has to be an error.
One of the items I had before (the D perch) is one I got from you, and it's so much nicer! Truley a step up in quality and craftsmanship. I emailed them about 30 minutes ago so we'll see what they say.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Wow that’s super disappointing! I’ve only seen amazingly perfect craftsmanship from the stuff I’ve purchased.
I wonder what the heck happened for you to receive such poor quality product.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Wow that’s super disappointing! I’ve only seen amazingly perfect craftsmanship from the stuff I’ve purchased.
I wonder what the heck happened for you to receive such poor quality product.
I know, super disappointing! I can understand when 1 out of 3 turns out crappy by accident. But all 3? :unsure:

Last edited:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I recieved a response-

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m very sorry that we disappointed you.

We would like to make it right and replace your order. No need to return the other items.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

I'm very happy with that! Glad I don't have to trek over to the post office to return. Hopefully the next order will be the quality that's expected from planet pleasures.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I recieved a response-

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m very sorry that we disappointed you.

We would like to make it right and replace your order. No need to return the other items.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

I'm very happy with that! Glad I don't have to trek over to the post office to return. Hopefully the next order will be the quality that's expected from planet pleasures.
That is awesome news!!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Looks like they either got some seconds from whoever they get them from or if they make them a new employee was learning how to make them and didn't get them right but they accidentally got sent out. I'm glad they're stepping up for you.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
That is awesome news!!
Thanks! I'm happy it was so easy!

Looks like they either got some seconds from whoever they get them from or if they make them a new employee was learning how to make them and didn't get them right but they accidentally got sent out. I'm glad they're stepping up for you.
Thanks Terry! That very well could be an explanation. Guess we'll never know for sure what happened since they didn't say but hopefully it was just a once off thing.

Ok, that's good that they will replace but nevertheless, there is still glue throughout the rope on all their ones like that ... so I would think.
I was wondering if there's alot like that too. Maybe customers who have never bought from them before wouldn't know the difference so they hope it will pass, if that makes sense? Or maybe it's just the smaller ones? Cause the older ones I have are a little bigger so maybe they're made better? I guess we'll find out soon cause I'll keep you guys posted when I get my replacement.

I asked if it was possible to get a large t perch instead of the medium and told them I'd be happy to pay the difference but he said they already shipped my replacement because FedEx came for the day so I'm guessing my replacement was handpicked by the manager.

Muna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Muna
Seems like I’m not the only one dealing with the glue issue (planet pleasure).
I placed two orders and received glue along with it (boings ropes etc)
Which made me stop purchasing from them. Very disappointed with their poor quality.