• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Im steaming mad right now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineview01

Rollerblading along the road
Hmm, I have never heard of plucking the clipped feathers. I will deffinatly bring that up to my vet at Prudences check-up.
I had a plucker that the vet had to pull all the damaged feathers so they would all come back in.

I would contact her and make sure she doesn't clip any more.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Yes, I have requested that she doesnt clip her any further, and she readily agreed. I am also glad I cleared it up - I may have re-acted a little harsh to begin with without understanding the full story. I have come to terms with it now, and would like to pretend it never happened. :o:

SallyPax

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shelley and Valerie
I don't clip my birds. When I bought a new bird I didn't know the wings would be clipped. I wasn't offered a choice.

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
i have birds that was cliped as babys wasnt to thrilled about it my self but once the feathers finaly grew in i had to teach them how to fly all over again they would stand on the corner of the play stand and flap trying to fly it broke my heart so i said anuff is anuff i took them in another room and every day we had flying lessions it did help alot with there confidence in flying

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Yes, I imagine I will have to do the same (lessons) though since Ive never done it (fly that is) Im not sure how to teach her, LOL
We'll play it by ear :D

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kim, Lara Joseph a member here, who specializes in behavior taught me that the best way is in the bedroom. Once the flights come in she gently encourages them to leave her hand over her bed. Sometimes you have to do a light toss but no worries as the landing is soft. It definitely helps and works.
You may be surprised though and your little one may just need practice landing. You have a while to wait and see. I encourage you to just enjoy your baby and build that special bond once he comes home.

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Kim, Lara Joseph a member here, who specializes in behavior taught me that the best way is in the bedroom. Once the flights come in she gently encourages them to leave her hand over her bed. Sometimes you have to do a light toss but no worries as the landing is soft. It definitely helps and works.
You may be surprised though and your little one may just need practice landing. You have a while to wait and see. I encourage you to just enjoy your baby and build that special bond once he comes home.
hey i do that in the bedroom with the little ones i did it with my baby macaw but after he lands he thinks its time to snuggle in my blanket lol he rolls around on it guess he likes the feel of the blanket

Status
Not open for further replies.