• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
I woke up, from dreamn gthat I smelled this gosh awful smell like rotten eggs. And I still smell it. It's my dog passing horrible gas. I took him outside. I had given him a bone from my steak last night, beef like always. Well Petey the puppy came out too and all of a sudden he is crunching on something. I take it from him and quickly realize that it's the left over scrap of bone bout a inch long.My dog has been constipated the last few days, he finally started pooing yesterday. Now he's all blocked up again :(

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I don't think it's the bone. What are you feeding as a regular diet?

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Keep an I on him. If he still does not have a movement or begins to vomit tke him to the vet ER. He could have a blockage from the bone. Happened to my sister"s dog 2 times.
Never give you dog cooked bones. They splinter and do not dissolve in the dogs system. You can offer raw bones as the dog has enzymes to break down the bone. Good luck!

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
I would get him to a vet as soon as you can. It kind of sounds like a piece of bone could be lodged in his intestines. We see this kind of things often. Dogs just can't resist steak bones, pork chop bones etc. We have even seen it with regular raw hide bones. Please keep us posted.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes.. sounds like he is in alot of discomfort and needs medical attention.:( Please don't delay.

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
I feed him Nutro Nuggets. It's never given him gas before. Especially gas that wakes you up.......and doesn't let you go back to sleep.He did poop this morning so I am relieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.