• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm just so sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky04

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I don't know where to post this, but I'm just so sad. As some of you may know, Westley passed away yesterday. The emotional pain is just too much. It was so unexpected, and we're all just in shock. Sometimes I still expect him to be on the stand or in his cage. And Afie's been making GC noises, and that just makes it worse. I'm just so sad and the pain is just too much. I can't stand it. I've been crying almost the whole time since he died. I feel scared and like I don't know what to do. The pain feels physical, even if it's just emotional. My dad and my sister Kelsey want another bird, but say they'll wait until I'm ready. How did you get over the pain? Part of me feels like I'll never want to get another bird. And though it sounds silly, part of me is scared I'll never stop feeling this much pain. All we have left of him is lots of pictures, bite wounds on my hands and memories. Though he was only 5 months when he passed away and we only had him for 3 months, he'll forever be in our hearts.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

deee

Avenue Veteran
Im so sorry. You will know when its time to get another one. Time heals all wounds..he cant be replaces but it would help fill the void in your heart. <3

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Let yourself grieve. You need time. :hug8::hug8:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
:hug8: So sorry, you need time to grieve, it will get better and you will know when the time is right to add another bird if you want to:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
It takes time. Just let yourself grieve and in time the pain will lessen. It is so hard to lose our pets. :hug8:

Yoyo'sMom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I'm sorry you're going through so much pain but it just shows how deeply you care. I went through a horrible grief when I lost my first and most beloved cat. I cried for days and weeks and yes I agree the pain is physical too. One thing that really helped me and this may not be right for you, but I started to volunteer at an animal shelter. There were so many sweet and gorgeous souls that needed lots of love and attention that it distracted me from my own pain. And of course it did take lots of time.

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
:( :hug8: Grieving sucks, I'm sorry you're in pain :hug8:
It is normal to feel the way you're feeling, and like everyone else said, with time, it will hurt less, you'll see, one moment you'll find something that will make you smile, and for that instant you'll hurt just a little bit less. It will happen more and more often until you are able to balance your grieving with your day to day life. Then eventually what will be left is love for him and fond memories, and you'll be able to smile at the memories rather than feel so sad that he's not here. :hug8: Chin up, it really does get better. :hug5:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:'only you will know when the time is right.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sending healing energy to your heart.:hug8:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

jerseybella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn
There are so many of us that know your pain.
I just wanted to send a hug:hug8:

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
So sorry for your loss. Many of us here do understand how you feel-- losing a beloved parrot is heartbreaking. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.