• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I'm having doubts that Leo is a Lovebird

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
I mean, of course he's a Lovebird but he hasn't really shown a lot of character traits associated with Lovebirds except that he talks a lot. He hasn't left his cage in a few weeks now (not for a lack of trying) but I also haven't been forcing him out of his cage. I've just been leaving his cage open so he can leave as he pleases. This could be because he is still settling in however I don't think that's the case, I've been trying to get him comfortable with my hand (to much success, I should add) and he doesn't seem nearly as worried as he used to be.In fact, just this morning he let me pet him before running from my hand, and he didn't really run, he just backed away, telling me thats enough. I just think that Leo is an odd bird, unusual from the rest of the flock, and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't care that Leo only likes to sit on his perch, and swing, I don't care that he doesn't really like to tear things up. That just adds to his personality. Leo may not like a lot, but what he does like, he LOVES and he sure does love his swing.

Attachments

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Awww I'm glad he loves his swing:) Its too bad he doesn't want to come out. But its good you accept him the way he is. :heart:

My mom once found a budgie outside. After having no luck trying to find his owners he ended up with my brother. Anyway after his big adventure outside the poor thing never wanted to leave his cage again :(

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
Awww I'm glad he loves his swing:) Its too bad he doesn't want to come out. But its good you accept him the way he is. :heart:

My mom once found a budgie outside. After having no luck trying to find his owners he ended up with my brother. Anyway after his big adventure outside the poor thing never wanted to leave his cage again :(
poor little guy. Well, at least he wasn't killed by a crow or something while outside. Plus, at least he's now safe

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
poor little guy. Well, at least he wasn't killed by a crow or something while outside. Plus, at least he's now safe
This is true. It was several years ago now. I think my brother's budgie only lived a few years after he was found. My brother would leave the door open most of the time still he never would come out. But I think he lived a happy life despite that :)

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Some take ages to figure out how to be a bird, as it were. So long as he's happy and healthy. :) I'm very happy to hear he's getting more used to you!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I second what Luna said. It took my little hen Neutrino quite some time to realize that she was a lovebird and that it was okay to destroy things! Now she loves destroying things. :)

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
He is adorable! and you’re right it does add character.
What a playfull lil’ dude :heart2:

lyx

Sprinting down the street
Awww at least he loves his swing!! I'm currently doing the same with my budgies, just leaving the door open all day hoping one day they'll come out to have a proper fly around and stretch those wings! One day they'll figure it out :D and I'm sure Leo will too! I bet he just loves his swing too much he doesn't realise what he's missing out on.

Its so nice that you've accepted Leo for who he is, and you're ok with going at his pace :)

lisaraby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa
I have the same swing!!! My sister's parrotlet wouldn't go near it, but Indie is all for it. He loves sitting on top and preening the little fluff.

I am also doubtful my bird knows it's a lovebird... but I'm appreciating the fact that my books are safe (for now!)