• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

If only Craigslist was always this great...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justina

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Justina
So I always am looking at craigslist to see what deals I can find. I wasn't even looking for a cage on there but then I saw one for $50. I had been planning on getting a brand new cage, but why pass up a good deal?

So here is the new cage:

It does have a tray and grate, I just haven't gotten around to wiping it down and setting it up yet. While I was looking at new cages I was worried about getting a cage with these type legs, because of my dog. But in my new place I have a room that I am keeping the bird cage in the dogs won't be allowed in.

The lady I bought the cage from also was selling a playstand, so I got that too. She had been using this stuff for her tiels but had decided to find them new homes.

She was really nice and threw in a couple little toys and some quaker advice, which is ALWAYS appreciated. I just wish I always had that good of an experience with craigslist. I can't count how many times people have tried to scam me. But I'm a pretty smart cookie and usually can spot them from a mile away, sometimes not so much.

One thing that really stands out to me is how many people are selling cages "and the bird come with it for free!".....:confused: Not exactly how my list of priorities is set up.

Well at least this experience turned out well! I just had to show off my new find! :D

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Nice find!
Some people post on CL X amount of $$ for the cage and the bird is free to get by the flaggers who love to flag anyone listing a price for the bird.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
that looks like Sugar's cage and you got a great deal on it!! :yah:

Justina

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Justina
Nice find!
Some people post on CL X amount of $$ for the cage and the bird is free to get by the flaggers who love to flag anyone listing a price for the bird.

Ohhh..I didn't even think of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.