• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video I want this bird. <Warning. Language>

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
This man runs a rescue in SASK, Canada. here is the real story behind the round cage....
This is the bird that came to his rescue in it.

watch if you can stomach it. I couldn't.

@JLcribber , the Too is a rescue as well. She has come a long way. I have been following this rescue for a while :)
:omg:
That is so sad and infuriating! That poor bird. Do you know how how she's doing know? You're right, that was a very hard video to watch.

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
@Tiel Feathers if you go to youtube and find MegaBird Crazy you can see her progress. they posted one video of her the next day. She is in bad shape.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

@JLcribber , the Too is a rescue as well. She has come a long way. I have been following this rescue for a while :)

Yes I am aware of this place. I live just across the border in Alberta.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Does anybody know about Jojo and how she is?

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
That poor baby

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
@JLcribber sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. Not at all! I was seeing this video all over and people were laughing, and it made me upset that no one seemed to know what that poor bird IN THE CAGE was like. Again, I am not being rude, sorry John

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
@JLcribber sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. Not at all! I was seeing this video all over and people were laughing, and it made me upset that no one seemed to know what that poor bird IN THE CAGE was like. Again, I am not being rude, sorry John
Nonsense. Not rude at all. I would have done the same thing.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Does anybody know about Jojo and how she is?
And I also ask her on YT how Jojo was doing and I got this answer: (this is a public message on YT and not a private)

"I just updated our fb page and am coping the post from there :) She is about the same, but eating well (healthy) and trying, but she does tire easily which we believe is because her muscles are out of shape too. Its going to be a long road...

Good morning all. Here is an update on Jojo the Alexandrine - she is who came to us living in the round cage.... She will see the vet at the uofs on Tuesday where further tests will be run. Jojo had been seen by Dr Griebel who referred her to the uofs for investigation and treatment. The avian vet has decided to do blood work, fecal smear, xrays (which she will be sedated for). No physical deformities were found on exam.

Once the testing is back she will begin a program of physical rehabilitation for her neck/balance issues, which are believed to be neurological. The program has an 80% success rate with birds, and we are VERY hopeful this will work to help Jojo be able to continually lift her head again, and maintain her balance.

For those of you who are new to us, the UofS has a vet college where exotic and avian medicine is taught :) We are very lucky for Jojo's sake to have them right here!

Thank you for your support!!!"

And I hope you don't mind John going OT in your thread. :)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Thanks for the update and thanks to the OP for allowing the derail.

Sad but hopeful for JoJo.

clicketty

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ashlyn
I found this video in Instagram and I book marked it so I can watch it over and over again. It makes me so happy to see the cockatoo's excitement in finally being free. However, I cringe at hearing her cussing, you know?

Seeing JoJo's video was kind of hard to watch...

noice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Anna
This is hilarious and a bit sad as you said. My heart aches just thinking about the conditions Pebbles was in to learn these words.

Heather F

I love that this video has gone viral, over 3 million views now for the original "how to fix a round cage" video. The guy from the video was on a local morning news show the other day talking about the video and the rescue. I saw on their Facebook page that as a result of the attention they've received a fair number of extra donations which will help a lot with the vet bills for the poor bird who actually came in that round cage and was so weak she couldn't hold her head up properly.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I love that this video has gone viral, over 3 million views now for the original "how to fix a round cage" video. The guy from the video was on a local morning news show the other day talking about the video and the rescue. I saw on their Facebook page that as a result of the attention they've received a fair number of extra donations which will help a lot with the vet bills for the poor bird who actually came in that round cage and was so weak she couldn't hold her head up properly.
That is fabulous to hear. The power of the Internet. :hug8: