• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent I think I accidentally hurt my bird

lina

Moving in
Real Name
Lina
My bird isn’t bleeding or limping currently but she was limping before and i’m quite worried. I was sitting down on the toilet and she kept flying to me I was trying to get her off by kind of shooing her and she grabbed onto my hand so when i made the shooing motion she went with my hand and hit the floor quite hard. I think she hit it kind of on her left side, her left wing was sort of drooping and she limped away onto her stand. I was in so much shock and i felt so guilty like i hurt her really bad that i didn’t know what to do. I kept a close eye on her and after about ten minutes she was no longer limping i checked her foot and it wasn’t swollen or red and her wing seemed fine, but it’s been about two hours and she’s acting funny she’s not limping but i noticed that she tried to fly somewhere and she barely made it she’s also being super bitey and i feel so horrible, I plan on keeping a close eye on her and seeing if anything changes and if she’s alright tomorrow, if not ill be taking her to the vet but i’m not sure what i should do or if i hurt her really bad and she’s masking that she’s in pain or if she’s never going to trust me again and she’s going to become super aggressive because of me.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2:
Keep her calm & put her in her cage. No more flying tonight.
Watch her
Could be bruised..could have injuries internal or shoulder etc.
She could be in pain hence bitey.

Is the floor ceramic tile? It can be hard to hit even in a free fall but with some force she could be hurt.

I don't think I would encourage flying now because it could make her injuries worse
but if she is had trouble flying then she should be checked by a vet.

She will forgive you as it was an accident. Important thing is to make sure she is
OK

I hope she will be OK

lina

Moving in
Real Name
Lina
:sadhug2:
Keep her calm & put her in her cage. No more flying tonight.
Watch her
Could be bruised..could have injuries internal or shoulder etc.
She could be in pain hence bitey.

Is the floor ceramic tile? It can be hard to hit even in a free fall but with some force she could be hurt.

I don't think I would encourage flying now because it could make her injuries worse
but if she is had trouble flying then she should be checked by a vet.

She will forgive you as it was an accident. Important thing is to make sure she is
OK

Thank you.

The floor is ceramic tile. I put her in her cage and I won’t be letting her fly, she seems alright now just a bit cautious I guess.

Should I still take her to the vet?

I hope she will forgive me.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
If you see any sign of lethargy, not eating, not drinking, too quiet, fluffed up, tail bobing then beat feet to the nearest ER vet clinic ASAP.