• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I should never look at birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I should never, ever, look at birds online in need of homes, like those at Mickaboo.

Joey - amazon-Yellow Nape Is Joey, who is EXACTLY what I want when I can finally consider another large bird. Big, YNA or scarlet macaw, and in need of some TLC. I'm happy to leave the more 'adoptable' birds for people who need a nice bird and take the ones in need of some understanding and rehab/retraining. Or just want to eat people. :shrug:

Jasper's description would pretty much the same- if he senses fear or hesitancy, it makes him nervous and he'll bite... or if you bother him when he's busy being an amazon. :hehe: Thanks be that they wouldn't adopt to me anyway or I'd have to send them an email. :sigh:

Anyone else get themselves all twisted up into knots when browsing online?

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Been there done that. I would love to take in every homeless Macaw I meet

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Anyone else get themselves all twisted up into knots when browsing online?

Oh yes been there!

And as far as I know Mickaboo does adopt out of state occasionally! Several times I have been approved for a few of their adoptions. They'd have volunteers up inthe state you are in, vsit your place several times. But you'd have to come down to Cali to visit the bird a few times before you are truly considered as an adoptee.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I feel sad for Joey that YNA. Does the daughter who went off to school know er dad got rid of her beloved companion that has been in the family for 29years!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I have that same problem, especially where Amazon's are concerned. I would dearly love to bring every misunderstoond zon in need of a home into my home. If I could only win the lottery.....sigh

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
It's so, so hard to not want to help him out, especially when I KNOW I could if it were not for the 'going to be abroad' for a full year bit. It's not a space issue, it's not a time issue, it's not a money issue. It's just the future travel issue. I just about have all my current pets squared away already if I can't bring any of them, even though it will be two years before I go, but I just can't in good conscience get another until after I return. It would be different if I could bring them with, but that would be nigh impossible.

Hopefully Joey finds his forever home long before I'm in a position to adopt (as opposed to foster). I'm looking forward to kitten season so I can get my fostering/rehabbing/fixing animals bug out for a while. :)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I get all tied up too, but I cant bring anymore home. Im with Sharpie....Baby bird season is coming and I will have my hands full of wild rescues and fostering and transporting, on and on. But I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.