• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I rode a horse yesturday(for the first time)!

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
So, there is a farm near me(35 minutes away) that offers riding lessons and wedding venues and all sorts of stuff. They have horses, a couple cows, chickens, two peacocks, pigs, dogs, cats, mini donkeys, a pony, a llama and alpaca, a bearded dragon, a couple turtles, a ferret, a hedgehog, and 4 rabbits. They have about 30-50 horses on their land, but only 8 are theirs, the rest are being boarded for other people.
I basically learned how to steer, stop, start, dismount, and mount. I also learned a bit about grooming, putting saddles and bridles on horses, and leading horses.
It was AWESOME!!!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That's wonderful! There's nothing quite like riding. :)

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That is wonderful!! I grew up on a farm so rode all the time, and for the last few years my older brother also runs a boarding stable as well as riding stable where they teach show jumping. After being away from the farm for 40 years, I had to have a refresher course and like bird care, some things have changed...It was great fun. Hope you continue on and forge a bond with your mount, they were my best friends growing up! They knew all my secrets on those rides or grooming sessions..:heart::heart:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I rode alot when younger, but haven't been in years. Since hubby is afraid of horses,, it's no fun by yourself... glad you had a good time!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I was raised on a cattle ranch in the center of Nevada and I rode day after day after day. Checking cattle, gathering cattle and finding those that had wandered away - then there was roundup and branding twice a year. I've put a lot of miles on many different horses.