• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I rode a horse yesturday(for the first time)!

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
So, there is a farm near me(35 minutes away) that offers riding lessons and wedding venues and all sorts of stuff. They have horses, a couple cows, chickens, two peacocks, pigs, dogs, cats, mini donkeys, a pony, a llama and alpaca, a bearded dragon, a couple turtles, a ferret, a hedgehog, and 4 rabbits. They have about 30-50 horses on their land, but only 8 are theirs, the rest are being boarded for other people.
I basically learned how to steer, stop, start, dismount, and mount. I also learned a bit about grooming, putting saddles and bridles on horses, and leading horses.
It was AWESOME!!!

Sparkles99

Rollerblading along the road
That's wonderful! There's nothing quite like riding. :)

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
That is wonderful!! I grew up on a farm so rode all the time, and for the last few years my older brother also runs a boarding stable as well as riding stable where they teach show jumping. After being away from the farm for 40 years, I had to have a refresher course and like bird care, some things have changed...It was great fun. Hope you continue on and forge a bond with your mount, they were my best friends growing up! They knew all my secrets on those rides or grooming sessions..:heart::heart:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I rode alot when younger, but haven't been in years. Since hubby is afraid of horses,, it's no fun by yourself... glad you had a good time!

Hankmacaw

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I was raised on a cattle ranch in the center of Nevada and I rode day after day after day. Checking cattle, gathering cattle and finding those that had wandered away - then there was roundup and branding twice a year. I've put a lot of miles on many different horses.