• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I now have a budgie!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have a male and female Eng. budgie and the female is by far a bossy lady. I agree about having two males unless you want to breed. I do not want to breed and I really do not think she would let him jump on her. Also suggest you get some nice greens like kale or dandelion and hang wet in the cage. You have a very nice looking little bird. :)

Willow12

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holly
I have a male and female Eng. budgie and the female is by far a bossy lady. I agree about having two males unless you want to breed. I do not want to breed and I really do not think she would let him jump on her. Also suggest you get some nice greens like kale or dandelion and hang wet in the cage. You have a very nice looking little bird. :)
Oh okay shall do! and thanks for the nice comment!

BirdBrained

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Manda
It's actually the females who will fight.
Not 100% true. I have 2 males and they are squabbling a lot right now. They will compete for dominance but I don't think its anything to worry about. One minute they're the best of buds, feeding and preening each other and the next minute one of them is being thrown off the perch. :rolleyes:

Willow12

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holly
Not 100% true. I have 2 males and they are squabbling a lot right now. They will compete for dominance but I don't think its anything to worry about. One minute they're the best of buds, feeding and preening each other and the next minute one of them is being thrown off the perch. :rolleyes:
Okay so should I get a female or male for Clyde? lol what will be best for him?.

MyAussieFriends

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
Definitely a male. You will have less problems with another male. Plus you won't have the risk of eggs.

BirdBrained

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Manda
Yeah, I'd still go with a Male too. I thought about getting a female when I got my second budgie, but the risk of becoming a chronic layer and potentials for egg binding scared me off. Don't forget to quarantine. ;)

Willow12

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holly
Yeah, I'd still go with a Male too. I thought about getting a female when I got my second budgie, but the risk of becoming a chronic layer and potentials for egg binding scared me off. Don't forget to quarantine. ;)
Oh I know to quarantine! I did it with my other 4 birds. :smuggrin: