• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I now have a budgie!

Willow12

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holly
Hello everyone! been so long sense I have not been on here! yesterday I went to Petco and got a budgie! it is a male. Now when he settle in more I will post pictures of him now it has not been 24 hours sense I got him is it normal for him to not want to eat?. Could he be stress out from the move? any help that anyone can give me would be great!. Oh and I named him Clyde!. :smuggrin:

Thanks Holly.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Looking forward to seeing pics of Clyde. :)

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Congrats on your new arrival! Can't wait to see pictures! :) I think that it is normal for Clyde not to eat right away because he is figuring out his surroundings first.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Yes it is normal for a pet store bird not to eat for a while. He was in a flock and very used to eating with the flock.
It may take a day or even 2 or 3. Pet store budgies are not easily trained so please go slowly and softly with new bird. What did you name him?

Willow12

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holly
Yes it is normal for a pet store bird not to eat for a while. He was in a flock and very used to eating with the flock.
It may take a day or even 2 or 3. Pet store budgies are not easily trained so please go slowly and softly with new bird. What did you name him?
Okay thanks! this makes me feel much better lol I named him Clyde! :smuggrin:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Congrats! Budgies seem to be quite popular here recently...Welcome Clyde! Looking forward to pics. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Clyde is a handsome chap! :)

BirdBrained

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Manda
What a handsome fellow! He will be even more stunning when his flights grow back in. :) You could maybe encourage him to try eating by having a snack near his cage. Eating with your birds is apparently a good way to bond with them.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What a handsome fellow! He will be even more stunning when his flights grow back in. :) You could maybe encourage him to try eating by having a snack near his cage. Eating with your birds is apparently a good way to bond with them.
Quite right....we have to remember that we are our bird's flock members... ;)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Glad to see you back! Clyde is a handsome one! I'm loving budgies more and more. Someday......

Willow12

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holly
I have tried that putting a millet spray by his food and he will eat that but not the other food lol he is very healthy he is preening and even playing with a toy! but today has only been the second day with me so maybe he is still stress out.

Willow12

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holly
If I wanted to get Clyde a female for friend when should I do it? or will he be okay be himself? after all budgies are very social and they really like having another budgie in the cage with them! :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The younger the bird, the more accepting they will be of new flock mates. I'd recommend a male, as females can be very sassy. Two male budgies will make the best of friends.
I agree completely. Two boys are the way to go...

Willow12

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holly
The younger the bird, the more accepting they will be of new flock mates. I'd recommend a male, as females can be very sassy. Two male budgies will make the best of friends.
Okay but I have heard that two males will fight when they get mature is this true?