• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I moved!

zuzanqa

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zuz
I´ve been MIA a wee bit in the last couple days because I moved to a studio apartment that is alllll mine!
It´s a shoebox but it´s cheap and new and it´s MINE. The birds love it. They barely noticed we´re in a different place - I´m really glad change doesn´t stress them out.

The energy in my house had gradually started resembling the energy I felt when I was living with my ex: irrational volatile emotions coming from a person who doesn´t like their life. Sadly, I gave no notice before I moved out - I saw my new place last weekend on Sunday and I knew it was a great deal, and I took it. So instead of giving notice I offered to pay half the rent in my old place even though I wasn´t going to be there. My flatmate declined and clearly just wanted to fight. I explained my reasons and walked away from it. I know, as my wise friend said just now in a post on her blog, to pick my battles wisely. Of course I was attacked (verbally) by my now ex-flatmate, but I handled is as maturely as I could.

While I was moving, two strangers offered to help me and carried one of my bird cages with my birds in it to my door.

So here it is, our little castle:

537881_1423436644555436_1237042817_n.jpg

1425559_1423436794555421_1249541288_n.jpg :dance4:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congrats. A small place where you are happy is still a castle. I large place where you are miserable is still a dungeon.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hooray! Enjoy your new place!

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
Wow I love that.. :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I know what life is like living in a cracker box. Small price to pay for a contented life. I truly believe birds are effected by the lack of harmony in a home. Wishing you all the best and now you can sleep well. :) :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Congratulations Zuzanna! Peace of mind will make it a castle for you and your fids! Have fun!

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I think you will be very happy there, as will the fids :)

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:highfive: ..wonderful move! congrats....when I had a roomate long ago I had the same problem and moved into an efficiency(studio)...I tell ya I have never been happier than I was in that cozy place....peace of mind is paramount!

• :hug8:

Last edited:

crystaljam

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Aww, it looks cute!

I lived with the Fids (Two tiels cages & Merlin's huge Grey cage) in one room for a year - it kept us close LOL

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Kudos to you for pursuing peace in your life. Nothing worse than walking on egg shells in your own home. Been there.

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
I know you feel like a million bunches with your own space. Welcome home!