• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I LOVE my Squirt!(vid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohaimee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Aimee
I updated one of my threads, but can't remember which one, so I figured I would start this post with a little update. Squirt was treated for giardia as a precaution and we bought her a full spectrum lamp. Not only has she stopped plucking, but she has TONS of new feathers growing in AND she is the happiest bird I have EVER met now! :heart: She even likes my husband latey and will come to hom when he says her name!:omg:

We bought her some new toys and changed her diet a little bit too and she also sleeps uncovered at night now, just to cover all our bases and man do I have the happiest quaker in the world! She tucks herself into sleep about 9pm and wakes up around 9am all on her own. I turn on her lamp and she greets me with a "Hello!" then gets all fluffy and runs to the door for good morning kisses (we always have done this, but I had to reach in and kiss her...now she comes to me!!!) While I am smooching her she says "Kisses!?" and makes the sweetest noise I have ever heard. :heart::heart:

She plays with her toys now instead of just shredding them (she loves bells!) and she messes with the dogs all day now! It's SO funny! She yells "C'MERE" so loud and SO in my voice it's creepy and then dogs come running then she laughes this evil birdie cackle! :lol:I just love her so much and I am so glad she is feelilng better!

She also makes water dripping noises when I give her fresh water and says "OOOOOH!" when I give her her fresh veggies and fruit! LOL! She is such a littel imp and I am so thankful to this forum and to the members who helped me try to figure out what was wrong with my sweetie.

Squirt has been feeling a little like a show off so I took a quick video of her new talent! It's short (8 whole seconds!) but sweet! I hope you enjoy it! Ther will be more to come!
YouTube - Squirt shakes hands!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mncBooV0NII

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwwwwwww what a little sweetheart..so glad she is coming along so well

Kolkri

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
Your doing a great job with her. So cute too.

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
She is very sweet

bluemorning

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Virginia
Awww,she's so,so cute.Our quaker laughs alot also,and loves kisses.Quakers are so loveable.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What an adorable little girl :heart:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:heart::heart: She's just way too cute.

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I'm so glad you kept her. :heart:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I am so happy for you. See, she is adapting and you are adapting and life is good. Give Squirt a scritch for me and a kiss to little Olivia.

Status
Not open for further replies.